#JuniorYear: Goals + My Schedule

Welcome to another post in my #JuniorYear series inspired by the back to school season. Today I'm sharing with you the goals I have for the upcoming year as well as what my schedule looks like.



1. Limit stress as much as possible.

Junior year is the year. Freshman and sophomore year were very stressful for me- I would constantly stress out if I didn't receive an A on something. This year I'm going to deal with it in a healthy manner rather than binge eating or crying. I'm going to workout and slow my pace down.


2. Reflect on my year a lot more.

I typically don't reflect, I just do. This year I'm going to dedicate a lot more time to writing in my journal. In my journal I'll record more details about my school atmosphere. Ever since the beginning of 2014 I've had such a negative outlook on everything- the classes, the homework, the people, etc. I'm going to leave the past behind me and have a positive outlook on things.


3. Visit more colleges!

If you didn't already know, I visited the University of Florida for my 16th birthday. It was huge (and slightly intimidating to be honest!) Reality set in for me.

University of Florida: http://guiliannamarie.blogspot.com/2014/11/university-of-florida.html


4. Form a workout routine.

I'm quitting soccer?! Long story short, I never actually liked soccer. I only played because my parents made me participate in some sort of physical activity. Right now I'm researching different YouTube channels to help me stay in shape during the stressful back to school season.


5. Hangout with my friends more.

This past school year I feel as though I didn't hangout with my friends that much. I was so caught up in my own school work and such, that I didn't give it a second thought. Here's to more trips to the mall and Saturday movie nights! (I'll try to include my friends in some future blog posts. They have such a great sense of style! You'll love it!)


To keep things interesting, I thought I would share a piece of my life with you: the classes I'm taking!


Period
Day 1
Day 2
Day 3
Day 4
Day 5
Day 6
1
CE Basic Nutrition

CE Basic Nutrition

CE Basic Nutrition

CE Basic Nutrition

CE Basic Nutrition

CE Basic Nutrition

2
Honors English

Honors English

Honors English

Honors English

Honors English

Honors English

FLEX
Free

Free
Free
Free
Free
Free
3
Academic
Chemistry
Academic
Chemistry

Academic
Chemistry

Academic
Chemistry

Academic
Chemistry

Academic
Chemistry

4
Study Hall
Health/PE
Health/PE

Health/PE

Academic
Chemistry

Health/PE

5
Lunch
Lunch
Lunch
Lunch
Lunch
Lunch

6
Honors Pre-Calculus

Honors Pre-Calculus

Honors Pre-Calculus

Honors Pre-Calculus

Honors Pre-Calculus

Honors Pre-Calculus

7
Honors Modern American Studies
Honors Modern American Studies

Honors Modern American Studies

Honors Modern American Studies

Honors Modern American Studies

Honors Modern American Studies

8
Intro to Psychology
Study Hall
Intro to Psychology

Study Hall
Intro to Psychology
Study Hall
9
CE
Spanish III
CE
Spanish III

CE
Spanish III

CE
Spanish III
CE
Spanish III

CE
Spanish III



Concurrent Enrollment Nutrition

So, I'm not the healthiest eater ever... but that's not why I chose this course. I chose this course because (1) I have a good relationship with the teacher and (2) college credit! Learning about the foods that go into my body and how they effect me could be somewhat useful, right?

*I only have this class for the first semester. My newspaper class will then take over.


Newspaper

I'm one of the editors this year, so how I could pass that opportunity up? I'm definitely looking forward to this experience. The staff consisted of approximately six people. Posting content on the website was a bit of a struggle, but this year we're supposed to have a lot more staff!

*I only have this class for the second semester, which I'm totally bummed about. I'll probably pick up some freelance work in the beginning of the school year. I have a strong love for the paper.


Honors English

I absolutely love English! This past year was super difficult. During the first semester I was in tears. I had several meetings with the teacher explaining that I'm a straight-A student and I didn't ever receive that poor of a mark before. I worked my butt off in that class just for an A. This upcoming year I'm going to have a new teacher and a fresh start.

I had to read Confessions of an Ugly Stepsister by Gregory Maguire for the class. It actually was an interesting read.



Academic Chemistry

Plain old chemistry. I really don't like science. It's an easy A, but high school is going to be some of the best years of my life. Why waste it on countless hours of lab work? If you're a science person, I totally support you; it's just not my cup of tea.

*I have a double period of chemistry on a specific day for lab occasions.


Health/PE

This is mandatory, believe me if it was optional I probably wouldn't take it. The fact that I have it fourth period kills me. I mean, for real.


Lunch

Obviously mandatory and necessary. So happy I'm not eating lunch at 10:30 a.m. this year. That was a true struggle. Pretty sure I snuck a snack every change I got. (Plus, I have a ton of friends


Honors Pre-Calculous

The average person this year would be taking Algebra 2. Honestly, I wish I was taking that course. Being in an honors math course has been stressful for me ever since eighth grade- when they had us teaching ourselves the material! If I could get off of the honors path I definitely would!

For my math class, I had to complete a packet. Let me tell you, keep ALL of your math notes. I kept all of my mind from last year; they were super helpful!



Honors Modern American Studies

Last year I took an academic level of this course. I found it to be super easy! This year I thought I would take a challenge!


Intro to Psychology

Super excited to take this class. I wasn't expecting it at all! I'm actually taking this class with one of my besties- way cool! #StudyBuddies


Concurrent Enrollment Spanish III

Spanish is my favorite subject- ever! In 9th grade the teacher constantly called on me. (To this day, I think it's because I was the only one paying attention, but such is life.) In 10th grade I managed to develop the same pattern. This time I actually enjoyed it. Being a "know it all" and teaching myself the lessons the night before really paid off. This year the work is going to be a lot more considering it's a college level course. I have a test during the first week of school. Wish me luck!




What classes are you taking this upcoming semester? I'd love to hear all about it!

Thanks for reading,

Guilianna xoxo

22 comments:

  1. I love your goals because they pretty much echo my own at the start of every year. I wish I could be taking psychology and nutrition though - but instead I'm taking a whole bunch of subjects I feel extremely unmotivated by. I also hate graphs in maths, as shown in your diagram, because ugh. And a good YouTube channel to check out would be Blogilates, because she has some great variety. Good luck with your new school year!!

    -M
    The Life of Little Me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I cannot wait for the day when I no longer have to take a math class- too much stress. I'll definitely check out that YouTube channel; thanks for the suggestion! I wish you the best of luck as well. Thanks for reading and commenting, M! x

      Delete
  2. I know what it is like playing a sport that you realise you never liked in the first place. If you find any got fitness channels on YouTube please share!

    totallyro.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I most definitely will! Thanks for reading and commenting, Ró! I greatly appreciate it. :)

      Delete
  3. Such a fantastic post Guilianna! I'm going into my final year of secondary school (which is going to be super stressful), so I'll definitely be using these tips! Also, it's interesting to see what subjects you take, they seem like fun :)

    thefashionchain.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Kate! I wish you the best of luck. Thanks for reading and commenting, it means so much to me. :) x

      Delete
  4. ooo being an editor sounds fun, looks like you've got a wonderful and exciting year ahead :) I love psychology, it's a great subject!

    http://laurenslittleblogs.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm super excited! Really? I'm thinking of majoring in psychology and getting a minor in journalism. I'm still undecided on the matter. Thanks for reading and commenting Lauren!

      Delete
  5. Great post Guilianna! I use Steady health, bikini model fitness and any zumba routines I can find for my work out routines. I hope you enjoy your school year, you've got classes that I could only dream of taking. Looking forward to your next post. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Orla! I'll definitely check them out. Thanks for the recommendations. It's going to be one heck of a year, I'll give you that. I'd love to hear about the classes you're taking. Keep in touch! xx

      Delete
  6. Your goals are really great, especially the first one, I always have to keep telling myself to relax! It can be difficult sometimes.
    I'm so glad you like Spanish and are taking it so seriously!! :D El español es mi idioma materno :) ¡Buena suerte en tu examen la primera semana!
    I hope you have a great year!

    Lipstick and Mocha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Carla! I know. I definitely struggle with it. That's so cool! Thank you! I've been studying a bit this past week for it. I hope you have a great year as well. Thanks for reading and commenting! xx

      Delete
  7. Hey Guilianna, I found your blog through www.beautyybychloe.blogspot.com
    And love it! I have a blog too. It only has two posts cause I restarted it, but I was wondering if you could check it out? I also want to say that I love the way you write to your readers is so inspiring. I think I'll be reading your blog a lot more in the future. Emily :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Emily! Thank you so much. I really appreciate you taking the time to click the link. I'll be sure to check your blog out as soon as I get the chance. In the meantime, keep in touch. Thanks again for the sweet comment! :)

      Delete
    2. Its okay, thanks for replying and good look in the new accademic year! Xx

      Delete
    3. Anytime! I wish you the best of luck as well. Thanks again, Emily! x

      Delete
  8. Fantastic post, like always! Do you get to pick your subjects? We only get to pick like two or three at the end of last year, I dropped I.T and Tech, I'm doing nine lessons of science this year,unlike the majority of my year who are only doing six, so I really need to stop myself from stressing out!
    Love
    Ailish Elizabeth
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ailish! I get to pick the level of the major and my electives, such as Spanish and psychology. Oh my goodness! That's so exciting! I'm not much of a science person, but that's amazing! I wish you the best of luck. Thanks for reading and commenting! xx

      Delete
  9. Good luck with your goals and with junior year. Looking around more colleges should be exciting!

    The Velvet Black // UK Style & Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Alice! I'm going to try my best. I'm looking forward to it! Thanks for reading & commenting! X

      Delete
  10. amazing post !!

    also I love your background/design its gawjus !!!!

    Jadiee'sLittleBlogGIVEAWAY


    Jade

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! The person that designed it for me did a terrific job. I can't thank her enough. Thanks for reading & commenting, Jade!

      Delete