Get Ready With Me: Valentine's Day 2016

Hello everyone,

Happy Valentine's Day! I hope you shared your love with friends and family. I know I did! The first thing I did was make myself a warm cup of tea while listening to some romantic tunes.



I won't bore you with my shower and skincare routine. Once my skin was completely prepped I jumped into hair.


Straight Hair, Don't Care



Heat protector is crucial. I use Aussie Hair Insurance Heat Protecting Shine Spray - 8.5 oz. I use about 6-10 squirts of the product all throughout my hair. To ensure it is evenly distributed I use a wide tooth comb. I then use my hairdryer to dry it completely. I don't like to use it on the highest setting because that can be damaging. I use the medium setting from a decent distance. This takes approximately 15 minutes. That's it!


Making It Up



I always start off with applying moisturizer- especially this time of year. My skin easily cracks. With that being said I use Double-Duty Face Moisturizer SPF 20 with Blue Algae Extract & Sea Parsley. Please note, this may be a men's skincare brand, but there's no reason you can't use it. Especially for the effects. I love it!

I follow up with my typical face makeup routine: green concealer, foundation, concealer, and powder. For blush, I used one of my favorites: Benetint by Benefit Cosmetics. It is very flattering on my pale face. I then applied their highlighter to the highest points of my face. It leaves a desired glowy finish to the skin.



For eyes, I decided to enhance them a bit by using the Trust In Love Giftable Set by Stila Cosmetics. I played around with different colors, creating a look that was noticeable, yet neutral. I then finished it off with the mascara that comes with it.

For lips, I applied my favorite balm and wore a non-sticky mauve gloss. (Very, very typical of me.)


V-Day Fash




I had no idea what to wear, but I knew that you couldn't go wrong with pink hearts. I paired a black and pink sweater with dark jeggings. Because it was just a casual day for me, I slipped on black UGGS and called it a day. For jewelry, I wore small black/silver earrings with silver bangles. Super simple!

This concludes my "Get Ready With Me: Valentine's Day" post. I had a wonderful Valentine's Day, spending it with beautiful people. What did you do on Valentine's Day?

Check out my previous "Get Ready With Me: Valentine's Day" posts:

23 comments:

  1. Wow wow wow. I love how you wrote this post! The lay out for all of your products and your photography is incredible. Great quality & incredibly detailed! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Hannah! This means so much to me. I appreciate you taking the time to read and comment on this post! XX

      Delete
  2. I really liked this detailed "Get ready with me" post as I got a lot of useful information for myself, thanks! The photo quality is incredible and the colours are great. It made me sad you have not put a photo of your final look. :)

    http://lifewvicky.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Victoria! I've been really trying to improve my photography skills. I definitely should have, though I am in need of a personal photographer. ;) I really appreciate you taking the time to read and comment. Thanks again! X

      Delete
  3. Beautifully written. Beautiful Photography. Beautiful everything.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thank you so much Emily! This means so much to me! X

      Delete
    2. Its okay xxx

      http://www.okayemily0.blogspot.com

      Delete
  4. Nice post, have a good day

    http://historiassparacontarr.blogspot.com/
    https://www.instagram.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for reading & commenting, Diana! X

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Thank you so much, I purchased a few years ago. Still in great condition! Thanks for reading! X

      Delete
  6. Such a pretty post dear!!

    I'm following you on GFC :)

    mystylishcorner.blogspot.ba

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I'll be sure to follow you back. X

      Delete
  7. I think you looked gorgeous! Great post, love it.

    Asta, xx | astadek.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Asta! That means so much to me! Really appreciate you taking the time to read and comment! xoxo

      Delete
  8. Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Grace! I really appreciate it! X

      Delete
  9. Today we are sharing with you awesome collection about mens ahirstyles. Some simple tips make our hair more agessive than others Mens hairstyles 2017. with new trends and impressive styles shares with you.

    ReplyDelete


  10. Su trabajo es impresionante. Se comparte una cosa agradable con nosotros gracias. Vea también algunas frases de whatsapp y estados para whatsapp de amor que se compartirán con usted.estados para whatsapp Gracias por tu información

    ReplyDelete

AddToAny