Library Lockdown: Study Essentials

Hi everyone,

I am super pumped for this week's post. I'm sharing with you all my study essentials for when I hit the library. I know we don't want to think about finals and such, but they're right around the corner. In order to help you prepare, I put together a list of things I bring with me.



iPad Mini 3

My iPad is my life saver. Unfortunately, my school doesn't have free wifi. I use my phone has a hotspot since I have a decent amount of data. I use my iPad to browse notes and view online textbooks. It's super helpful! (Don't forget your headphones!)


Comfy Clothes

For some reason, I simply can't study in jeans. My go to outfit is an oversized sweater and leggings. It's cute enough for the public eye, yet still comfy. 


Planner

It's crucial to stay organized. I use my Lilly Pulitzer agenda for everything. I keep post-it notes in it with to-do lists and such. With this visual, I can see what I need to study for and by what date.


Backpack (With All Of Your Study Materials)

This is the most important thing you can bring! Remember that timeline you drew to help you ace your history test a few months ago? You're going to want that! Visuals are key!


Highlighters and Pens

I am a color coding addict. I color code everything in my notes. My history teacher even brought some attention to it one day during class. It immediately motivated me to intensify my note taking.

Black- regular note taking

Purple- Vocabulary

Red- Class notes that the teacher emphasizes

Blue- Effects


Sticky Notes

I love sticky notes. I have them everywhere. Absolutely everywhere! You can find them on my desk, in my planner, etc. They're a very helpful study tool. Use them to mark important pages and/or quotes of different readings for your literature class. When the teachers calls on me, I immediately know what to bring up. As for essay formatted tests, this method also comes in handy. I can easily remember some of the passages I noted.


Hot Beverage

Personally, when I'm studying, I enjoy a hot cup of tea. Or you can drink something cold, though something cafinated might help you pull that all nighter. I've pulled a few all nights on weekends studying for exams. (Yes, a quick Starbucks run was made prior.)


Healthy Snacks

Snacks are a must for me. I am always munching in the library whether it be on veggie straws or pretzels. I find that I am slightly more energized since my lunch is at 11:00 a.m.


This concludes my study essentials for when you hit the library. Ultimately, my biggest advice is to remain organized throughout the year. It will make studying much, much easier. I promise!

What are some of your study essentials and/or tips? I would love to hear them in the comments below!

Thanks for reading,

6 comments:

  1. Nice Post! When I had to study for exams last year I loved putting on a classical music playlist from Spotify, I found it always helped to block out any unwanted noise and help me to concentrate.
    Róisín
    totallyro.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Spotify is definitely my go to! It's perfect for all occasions: from road trips to parties. It's perfect!

      Delete
  2. Love your blog and I am a new follower!
    I hope that you will follow me too <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Maddalena! Will most definitely follow you back as well. Thanks again! xoxo

      Delete
  3. Nice blog, follow me and i follow you to support each other :)

    --> BLOND GIRL <--

    ReplyDelete

AddToAny