Get Ready With Me: Valentine's Day Outing

Happy Valentine's Day everyone! Today I'll be doing a Get Ready With Me post. I'll be showing you the products I used to do my hair and makeup, along with my outfit!



Hair


My inspiration:


I wanted to go with something natural. My hair is naturally straight, so I decided to embrace it and touch it up with my Remington straightener. 

Makeup 

My inspiration:


I wasn't going out to a fancy dinner or anything, so I wanted to keep things natural. I wanted a matte finish and lengthened lashes.

Products I Used:
  • Clinique Stay Matte Oil Free Foundation
  • Neutrogena Skin Clearing Blemish Concealer
  • Covergirl Clean Pressed Powder, Oil Control
  • BareMinerals READY Blush in The Proposal
  • Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion Tube-Original
  • BareMinerals READY Duo Eyeshadow in The Escape
  • Calvin Klein One Mascara
  • Spring Fling Lip Gloss (No Name Available)

Outfit
My inspiration:




Again, I was going for something casual, but appealing. I knew exactly where I had to go: Polyvore. Polyvore overwhelmed me with options.  I browsed websites like Dailylook, Forever21, and American Eagle Outfitters to gain inspiration. When all else failed, I roamed my sister's closet.

I came across this white peplum top with black intricate detailing. I loved it! My only problem was styling it. Again, I hit up google images and found this!

Peplum top: American Eagle Outfitters
I went with a peplum top because I knew I was going to indulge in a ton of different foods, haha.



Leggings: American Eagle Outfitters
The top was already very loose so I wanted to balance out the look with something tighter on my bottom half. I chose black to bring out the detailing within my shirt.


Necklace: American Eagle Outfitters
I chose a statement neckless that had a little bit more edge to it to balance out the look. Overall it gave me a nice balanced look with clean intentions.



Flats: Kohls
Simple black flats brought the whole look together adding a feminine touch. Something very appropriate for Valentine's Day.



Blazer: Kohls
It was fairly chilly outside, so I threw on a blazer to keep myself warm and a classy touch. (I thought it even made me look slightly older too! Maybe it was just me.)

Lastly, here's the finished look:


Who needs a date for Valentine's Day when you have some summer savings and love for yourself? That's exactly what I did. I took the day off from school work and treated myself to an outing with my family. Here are some pictures from the outing:

@guiliannamarie

Overall, I had a splendid time today. It was great giving and receiving love from the ones I love the most. I hope you all had a wonderful Valentine's Day!


Thank you so much for reading,

Guilianna

16 comments:

  1. Guilianna you are literally so gorgeous! You have gorgeous hair and your outfit is adorable... We will have to collaborate again sometime soon, because I had so much fun last time and a lot of people liked the post you did for my blog :) Keep it up girl!

    Juliana Grace | www.julianagraceblogspace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Juliana, as are you! It means so much to me that you would say such nice things. Yes, we should most definitely collaborate again soon. Your post brought so much traffic to my blog. It was very helpful! Hopefully we can do something for the spring season or something. Thanks again, Juliana! Your words mean so much to me. Look forward to hearing from you again soon. :)

      Delete
  2. You look absolutely gorgeous, hope you had the best time this valentines day ! xxxx
    - C
    thecoralpinepple.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Caroline! It was lovely, thanks!I hope you had an amazing time on Valentine's Day as well. Thanks for reading and commenting. xxx

      Delete
  3. Great outfit! :)
    http://gabukasa.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Loved your morning routine post, by the way. Thanks for reading and commenting. x

      Delete
  4. really cute look, glad you had a nice day!

    xx danielle // shades of danielle // bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Danielle. I hope you had a nice Valentine's Day. Thanks for reading and commenting! x

      Delete
  5. Adorable outfit! And I love the Taylor Swift gif :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Bella! I planned it for a good week and a half, haha. Thanks again! I appreciate you reading and commenting. It means a lot to me! :)

      Delete
  6. lovely post Guilianna, you looked so pretty! The top is gorgeous. Glad you had a great day!x
    www.geekchicnotes.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Phoebs! That's so sweet of you to say. I hope you had a day just as lovely. Thanks for reading and commenting, it means a lot to me! x

      P.S I loved your latest post! You got such cute things! x

      Delete
  7. Love your look from Valentine's day. You look very beautiful and pretty. I just found your blog and it's amazing <3

    http://astadek.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Asta! I saw your "Get Ready With Me: Valentine's Day Edition" post. You looked absolutely stunning. Loved the accessories you wore. Thanks for reading and commenting. Your feedback means so much to me. <3 xx

      Delete
  8. I love the outfit you have! The shirt is so pretty, and on top of that you're gorgeous!

    http://sunflowers-and-skulls.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Tia! That's so very sweet of you to say. Thanks for reading and commenting, it means so much to me. x

      P.S I checked out your blog. I l loved your winter wish list. Had super cute stuff! I'll be sure to follow you back. x

      Delete

AddToAny