How To Come Up With Blog Content Ideas

Hi everyone!

Today I decided I wanted to talk about generating blog topic ideas. Writers block gets to all of us, but there are a million and one ways to overcome it.



Here are some tips and tricks for generating blog topic ideas:

1. Keep a notebook/binder and a calendar for your blog.
I love the idea of having a notebook strictly dedicated to blogging. In my notebook I simply record ideas depending on the season. For example, during February most of my post ideas revolve around Valentine's Day- The Boyfriend Gift Guide, Valentine's Day Lookbook, etc. 



If you don't want to keep a notebook, utilize Google Drive- it's your new best friend! I use it for everything. I have different documents dedicated to different seasons, therefore when I get an idea I can record it with ease. Once I have that method down, I then start plugging it in to the calendar to keep a constant posting schedule. It works like a charm!

2. Use the Katie method.
Here is a way to simply begin generating ideas. Next to these titles fill in the "last(s)." I have a ring of index cards that I use for the Story Idea Generator. It really helps me come up with ideas. For exaple, for the last website I was on I could do a wish list. As for the last thing I ate, I could find a recipe online and share it with my viewers.



Watched: Women's World Cup

Website: ModCloth.com

Place: Florida, Target, CVS

Bought: Clothes from Roxy, 

Ate: Chocolate chip muffin, 

Lightening Round: Taylor Swift style inspiration, makeup collection

3. Read everything: blogs, magazines, newspapers, etc.
Inspiration is everywhere. When I'm looking for new and exciting ideas I check out some of my favorite blogs. I always find an idea, whether they're talking about their everyday lives or a fashion haul. Here are some of my favorite blogs to gain inspiration from:

Boston Beauty Buzz- http://www.bostonbeautybuzz.com/

The Fashion of Craft- http://thefashionofcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

Yukova's Fashion Blog- http://yukovadesign.tumblr.com/

The Little Chatter Boxes- http://thelittlechatterboxes.blogspot.com/

I'm so lucky to be able to collaborate with other members from The Little Chatter Boxes. They always have such fantastic ideas that I can modify for my own blog! I also love so many other blogs!

4. When all else fails do the 20 minute challenge.
When I'm running low on ideas I open a word document and start the timer. During the twenty minutes I come up with 20 different blog topic ideas- whether they're seasonal or not. Then I plug them into my calendar depending on where they would workout best. I love doing this because coming up with a blog post idea on such short notice is difficult. It helps me plan out my ideas better- sort of. (I will admit to procrasinating some posts, most of my posts.)



Here are some ideas that I came up with on the fly:


  • Summer Playlist
  • Summer Fashion Essentials
  • Beach/Pool Bag Essentials
  • How To Stay Organized During The School Year
  • DIY: Inspiration Board
  • The Sister Tag
  • Beginner's Guide To Makeup
  • How & Why I'm Confident

*Chances are you'll see some of these posts in the future. I really like the idea of an inspiration board. (My friend just snapchatted me a picture of hers. See? Inspiration can come from anywhere!)




I hope this post helps you when you're in a pickle trying to post new content on your corner of the internet. How do you come up with new content topics? I'm always looking for better ways. Comment below!

Thank you so much for reading,

Guilianna

24 comments:

  1. To be honest, I think of all my blog posts on the spot, and they're usually based on whatever's going on in my life. I love the idea of the Katie Method though. Writing down your lasts could be a blog post in itself. Inspiration really is everywhere, and other blogs do always subconsciously give you ideas. Great post xx

    -M
    The Life of Little Me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to do that when my blog was just starting out. I agree, inspiration can be found anywhere and everywhere. Thank you so much for reading and commenting! Keep up the amazing work on your own blog! xx

      Delete
  2. Love this, Guilianna ! Your blogposts have always been on point and brilliant :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Grace! As are yours! Thanks for reading and commenting it means so much to me. :) xx

      Delete
  3. Your tips are really great, I'll have to start doing these :P
    Thank you so much for sharing!! :)

    Lipstick and Mocha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Carla! Looking forward to your future blog posts as always. Thanks for reading and commenting. It means so much to me! :) x

      Delete
  4. This is such great advice, especially for people who are just starting out, must try some of these :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. I'm so glad that you found it useful. Thanks for reading and commenting. Keep up the amazing work on your own blog. :)

      Delete
  5. Your blog is always so organized and have great posts! I was actually thinking about making a notebook only for blogging because I really want to post on a schedule. Also I didn't know you were part of a collab blog. That's so cool!

    thisfashiongirl.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Christina! You definitely should. I'm trying to get my sister into blogging and that's the first thing I told her she should do.

      Yeah. it's a lot of fun! If you want to get involved, just shoot me an email. I'm sure TLCB would be more than willing to have you on board!

      Thanks for reading and commenting. Keep up the amazing work on your blog. :) x

      Delete
  6. I love getting organised so I'm like this with the notebooks. Great post! x

    Maddie // itsthatplacecalledhere.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here! I love buying cute notebooks! Thanks for reading and commenting, Maddie! It means so much to me. xx

      Delete
  7. nice tips!
    This is my trouble for write content in my blog hehehe

    lavithatan.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks to some of these methods, coming up with blog content ideas is the least of my worries. Thanks for reading and commenting, Lavitha! xx

      Delete
  8. LOVE the ideas! Thanks!!


    chandislilly.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anytime! Thank you so much for reading and commenting, Chandis! Love your blog, by the way! Come back soon! x

      Delete
  9. Love this post!! I deal with writers block quite a but, so this post will definitely help! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kate! Coming up with blog content ideas is my absolute favorite part. Thanks for reading and commenting, it means so much to me!

      Delete
  10. Lovely post, such a good help! I always use a notebook, but will always forget to write in it! I like to use documents to write my blog post in before publishing and think it is such a good idea, it keeps the post bit very organised and makes sure you don't accidentally upload a draft post!
    Your blog is always super organised, as I said loved this post, like always!
    Ailish Elizabeth
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Ailish! Google docs is so helpful! Every now and then I find myself accidentally uploading a draft. Thanks so much! I really appreciate you taking the time to read and comment on my post; it means so much to me. Looking forward to your future posts! xoxo

      Delete
  11. Love this blog post! And your blog too, it looks really cute! ;) I always write some ideas down in my notebook that I bring almost everywhere with me. When I'm out of ideas I also read some magazines for inspiration. Have a good weekend, Isabella x http://isafashionebella.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Isabel! I just got it redone, aha. :) Yes, yes! I love carrying my journal around with me wherever I go. Thanks for sharing your thoughts! I greatly appreciate it. Love your blog by the way! xoxo

      Delete
  12. Just brilliant! xx I'm having a terrible case of the (not-so) Good Ol' Blogger's Block. Thank you for the inspiration!
    ~ Sanjana
    peridotcove.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sanjana! Glad I could help! Thanks for reading and commenting! xx

      Delete