10 Ways To Have A Better Morning

Hello everyone,

This week I'm sharing with you 10 ways to improve your morning. Please note that these are my personal tips and I've found they work for me, (I'm not an expert or anything). Hopefully you find that you can squeeze at least one of these activities into your daily morning routine. Enjoy!



1. Start the day off with some sort of physical activity.

Lately, I've been waking up 10-15 minutes early to do a bit of yoga. I focus on my positive energy; it really puts me in a good mood for the rest of the day. If I'm limited on time a quick 3 minute meditation routine is a great alternative. Afterwards I say a quick prayer and thank God for everything. If you're not into yoga or meditation go on a walk around your neighborhood. Inhale the fresh air and focus on the time you're taking to dedicate to yourself.



2. Eat a healthy breakfast.

During the school year it's so easy for me to grab a muffin and run out the door. On Sunday evenings, I spend my time planning out my meals for breakfast and lunch to ensure I'm maintaining a balanced diet. Click here to checkout my favorite Pinterest board for breakfast ideas.




3. Make a to-do list.

While I'm eating my breakfast I like to make a to-do list. It includes blog fixings, housework, and school assignments. When I get home I then prioritize them in which the order they need to be completed. It makes the work load so much more manageable when I do so.



4. Write in a journal. 

I typically write in my journal during morning hours on the weekend. I like to record my dreams and anything else that comes to mind. On the left, you see a list of my writing territories and on the right, I have a typical journal entry about my goals for love. Knowing what I'm searching for helps me choose paths throughout the day- not just about love, the future in general.



5. Listen to music.

If you're not a morning person, this will definitely help you move when you're in a rush to get ready. I've been listening to the "Totally Stress Free" playlist on Spotify. The music is perfect for when I'm drinking a warm cup of tea and applying my makeup. Again, I spend this time generating only positive thoughts.



  • Stand By You by Rachel Platten
  • Circles by Jana Kramer
  • Wild by Troye Sivan
  • Power by Leona Lewis
  • New Obsession by Frankie
  • Today's The Day by P!nk
  • Same Old Love by Selena Gomez
  • Gasoline by Halsey
  • Seventeen by Alessia Cara


6. Prepare anything and everything you possibly can the night before.

I am an active list maker for all occasions. Knowing my itinerary for the next morning makes it run much, much smoother. I like to pick out my outfit the night before because it takes me way too long to do it in the mornings. I also like to pack my bag and plan out my breakfast before bed.




7. Drink coffee.

Coffee has such wonderful effects. Personally, I'm not much of a coffee drinker, I'm more of a tea drinker. I like to drink my tea while getting ready in the morning to allow the caffeine to sink into my system before school starts.




8. Check email.

While I am eating my slice of toast and cup of fruit, I spend this time to check my email. I want to ensure that I am well prepared for my day. My school sends out announcements via email and my teachers send out classwork. I also check all of my other school related apps to ensure there were, again, no changes and/or updates to the day.



9. Kiss everyone goodbye.

Start your day off right by saying goodbye to everyone in your household with love and affection. I always make it a point to hug and kiss my mother and/or sister goodbye (oh, and my dog, Macy!) before hopping onto the bus.




10. Reward yourself.

Dedicate some time to yourself in the morning. Typically I like to reward myself at the end of the week. Saturday mornings are my time to draw a hot bath full of bubbles and catch up on my favorite blogs. If you're looking to reward yourself during the long school weeks spend a few spare minutes in the library before homeroom to catch up on one of your favorite books.



What are some things you do in the morning to make it more of a "stress free" occasion?

Thank you so much for reading,

Guilianna

10 comments:

  1. This is really great advice!! Sadly I'm one of those people who wake up a lot later than they actually get up, so I'm pretty much a walking zombie for a little while :)

    By the way, I wanted to let you know that I've nominated you to the Sunshine Blogger Award and the Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award :) you can find it here: http://lipstickandmocha.blogspot.com/2015/09/sunshine-blogger-award-sisterhood-of.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know exactly what you mean, I used to be that way for the longest time. I hated getting up early, but I've found that it really makes for a great start to my day. I really appreciate you nominating me, I'll definitely take a look at it. Thanks for reading and commenting, Carla; I greatly appreciate it! xoxo

      Delete
  2. Reading this post just makes me want to be productive. I used to be one of those morning-exercise people, but sadly that never stuck. Maybe I should get back into it again. Maybe instead of being in a bad mood and checking my phone when I wake up I should make to-do lists. I reckon I should stop with the negative morning rushes from waking up late and just wake up a little earlier. Maybe that'll just make me happier. Thank you for the motivation x

    -M
    The Life of Little Me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you found this post motivational. I would start by setting your timer 5-10 minutes earlier, that way you can squeeze in an activity or two, and still have time to check social media. I'm pretty sure we all do that- hello Instagram, am I right? Thanks for reading and commenting, M! It means the world to me. xx

      Delete
  3. This is such wonderful and wise advice! Your wisdom is well beyond your years. <3 I follow almost all these tips already, and for anyone curious - they really do work wonders!
    ~ Sanjana
    peridotcove.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Sanjana! Your words are too kind! You don't know how much they mean to me. That's amazing! Thanks for reading & commenting. Keep up the great work on your own blog! xx

      Delete
  4. Physical activity in the morning makes me 10000% happier! It's crazy how much it can change the way I feel throughout the entire day! I loooove it!
    Take care, XO

    Courtney
    http://www.courtselizabeth.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know exactly how you feel! It has such a positive influence on how my day is going to turn out. Thanks for reading & commenting Courtney! xx

      Delete
  5. I am a terrible morning person, I will have to try and do some of these to have better mornings. I loved reading this as always xx

    Miss Blog| http://howtoteenmissblog.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Orla! I love your feedback so much. It means a lot to me. xx

      Delete