Life Update: September

Hello everyone,

I've hope you've all been adjusting to the new school year well. Since I'm pretty behind on content material I figured I would post an update of my life on here.


*My tank top and artist jeans are from American Eagle Outfitters.


CLASSES AND HOMEWORK

Never, ever did I think I would be up until 11:00 p.m. doing homework. Here's a run down on my average homework amount: (1) read/study my CE Nutrition book, (2) 2 pages of Chemistry, (3) a few math problems for honors pre-calculous, (4) a section of notes for my honors history class, (5) and lastly, in order to not fall behind I need to keep up with my CE Spanish vocabulary. It takes a ton of time to complete. Sometimes I'll have a reading to do for my English class, but that's rare.

Quick Tip: Create a Pinterest account and take advantage of it. Not too long ago, I had to prepare an essay for my history class. I was really nervous. I wasn't sure what my teacher was actually looking for. I went to Pinterest and looked for some ideas on how to present my information. Those tips helped me earn a 25/25! Click here to check out my school-related Pinterest board. It's super helpful!

Lilly Pulitzer Planner
Honors Modern American Studies Notes
Honors Pre-Calculous Notes


RELATIONSHIPS

As for personal relationships, I've decided to keep my mind focused on my blog and school work. As much as I wish I was optimistic about high school relationships, I'm not. I've come to the realization, that in my case, it's a complete waste of time. I'm in the process of analyzing God's plan for me; my journal really helps me out with that.

I find that friendships at this point in my life are way more important anyway. I have an amazing group of friends- we're always laughing and talking. I even branched out of my comfort zone and started iniating conversations with strangers. The feeling a simple smile can give me is absolutely crazy.

My Journal
My Journal: Writing Territories for Fall


BLOG BREAKS

Getting a post up once a week was nearly impossible in the beginning of the school year; I just wasn't used to all of the work of junior year. Between my after school extracuriculars, homework, and a "social life", keeping up with my blog is somewhat difficult, but I've been working hard on the weekends- drafting posts, taking pictures, etc. Hopefully the content I'm producing is still somewhat decent.

If the time comes where I don't post here and there, just note that this year is going to be absolutely crazy with everything.

iPad Mini 3

CREATIVITY 

With school being my main priority, and breathing being a close second, I've barely had time to compose in my journal. That nearly kills me. Writing in my journal is so extravegent; it's like I'm in a whole new world. (I would like to specifically give a shoutout to Halsey for beig so brutally honest in her work. It truly inspired me.) I decided I would share a piece of modified poetry with you. It's called "Artist".



Lay me down and drain my mind,
Until my thoughts have disappeared
And I'm paralyzed.

Paint my world in gray
When I'm alone.
Paint my world in color
But only when I'm with you.

You were the paintbrush,
My body was the canvas,
You were such an artist.

You were the red tie with a rose in your hand,
I was the little black dress in your backseat,
You were such an artist.

You were the boy I always dreamt of,
I was just another girl,
Yet darling, you were such an artist.

I prayed to God you'd come running back,
I prayed to God you'd come running back,
But you never did.

Watched this love break and burn,
Watched this love come back to life,
Watched this love define all I want love to be.



I hope you liked this poem and this post in all. I really appreciate you all taking the time to read it. How are you guys doing this school year? Are you adapting to the changes well? Let me know.

Thanks for reading,

Guilianna 

8 comments:

  1. School has me busy too! Anatomy and writing 120 are loaded with homework. You're handwriting is really pretty by the way. I've never thought of using Pinterest as a study tool but I will check that out! Thank you, have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I completely understand where you're coming from. Thank you! You most definitely should; it's full of super helpful tips. Thanks for reading & commenting! xoxo

      Delete
  2. Lovely poem Guilianna. I love opening up my blogger to find new posts of yours. Dont worry about not uploading actively, we get it. At least it gives me time to catch up with all your older posts before you post again xx good look with school and home life -Emily

    www.emilyroseabella.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Emily! I greatly appreciate your sweet comment. It's so hard for me to keep up with my favorite bloggers and youtubers; it makes me so sad. I try my best though. Thanks for reading & commenting! xx

      Delete
  3. Such a lovely poem, you are so talented! I agree with school, this year I have had so much homework, mainly from either Biology, Chemistry or Maths! It is so weird to see you doing work in a binder and not on a exercise book, and doing maths work on normal lined paper, we get given a exercise book with graph paper in, there are so many differences between American and English schools! Another post that has an amazing content, I have to say I think your blog is my favourite to read!
    Love
    Ailish Elizabeth
    Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Ailish! That means the world to me. Really? Wow! We use graph paper, but not in "books" I guess you could say. There are many, many differences! I love reading English blogs to find those differences. I find it so interesting. Thank you so much. Your comments mean so much to me. I greatly appreciate you taking the time to read it and comment. Thanks again! xoxo

      Delete
  4. I hope the school year is going well for you! Don't worry about updating if you're too busy. You're doing a great job keeping consistent posts. I started sophomore year and I didn't update for a month because I felt too stressed out but your blog inspires me to post more and be more thoughtful with my posts. Your poem was very good and I think that's it brave of you to post it.

    xx
    Christina / thisfashiongirl.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So far, so good! I just have a ton of homework. I hope you're school year is just as enjoyable, if not more. It's comments like these that make me want to continue posting regularly. Thank you so much for reading &a commenting. I greatly appreciate it, Christina! xx

      Delete