Life Update: December

Hey everyone,

I decided that it was time I do another life update. My last one was in September you can click here to check it out.

With school being a high priority of mine, I barely have time to create decent content on this blog. I've been trying really hard to balance my school life with my social life and blog.



First Quarter Grades

Junior year is known for being the hardest year of high school. I couldn't agree more with it's stereotype. I managed to get all A's and B's; not too bad. I definitely worked my butt off in my Concurrent Enrollment Spanish III class. I managed to get an 89.18%. Yes, it kills me, but right now I'm holding a 95.00%. I'm definitely putting in the extra study time to ensure I get an A for the semester.




An Essay On Feminism

Have you read the Scarlet Letter by Nathaniel Hawthorne? If so, I'm sure you either loved it or hated it. I hated the way it was written, but I couldn't be more intrigued with the bold views Hawthorne talks about. Hester is one of the first feminist characters, if not the first in American Literature. She is definitely a role model.

I'm currently writing a seven page research paper on those political views. So far, so good! I recently received a 75/75 for my research note cards.When I'm done and if I'm pleased with the final product I'll share it with you all.




Volunteer Work

With love in the air, and soccer being in the off season, I've decided to spend more of my time helping others. On Tuesdays and Wednesdays I spend most of my time at clubs, making cat toys for local animal shelters or making treat bags for the elderly. 

I also added another activity to my list. I am now packing meals for people who can't afford it. After the first night of doing it, I immediately felt enlightened. I am forever grateful for the roof over my head and the food on my table. If you have any spare time, I would highly recommend dedicating it to someone in need. 

(1) It is so much fun. I love doing these things because I am spending time with my family and friends.

(2) Knowing you're helping someone is rewarding enough. I absolutely love putting a smile on peoples' faces. The feeling you get from that single smile is incredible. 



On The Blog This New Year

What can you expect on my blog in the new year? Each week I'll be rotating between beauty, fashion, and lifestyle oriented posts. I'm really excited! In January, I'm planning to do a post on my blogging essentials. Hopefully you'll enjoy that when I post it!



Blog Milestones

I am so close to 50,000 views! I am so thankful for everyone who simply takes the time to click on an URL that randomly pops up on their Facebook/Twitter feed. It means a lot to me that people take the time to read my work and comment on it. My goal is to get to 50,000 before the end of the year.

I'm going to try my best to track my progress throughout 2016. My goal will be to reach 100,000 page views by 2017 then. With your help, I'm sure I will be able to do it!




That concludes my life update. As you can see, I've been pretty busy dedicating my time elsewhere to make proper blog posts. To keep up to date with me, follow me on Twitter. You can also check out my second blog where I'm currently taking part in "Blogmas"- sort of. 

Thanks for reading,

Guilianna

12 comments:

  1. Well done on being so close to 50,000 views. I am looking forward your future posts in the new year!

    totallyro.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Ro! I really appreciate it. Thanks for reading & commenting!

      Delete
  2. Wow! You seem bust but look like you are getting though it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Extremely! Sometimes I have to take a deep breath and think about it all. Thanks for reading & commenting, Vanessa!

      Delete
  3. Well done on being so close to 50,000 views, your post are always the posts I look forward to reading. You seem really busy with school work, though the American school system is really confusing me!
    Ailish Elizabeth
    Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Ailish! I work really hard on my blog and it's content, so your words are very encouraging. I appreciate you taking the time to read and comment on this post. Thanks again! xo

      Delete
  4. Wow! This is a really nice self-eval.

    Cant believe the year is almost over, can you?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Kate! I most certainly can't. It went by so fast! Thanks for reading & commenting!

      Delete
  5. I would love to read your essay on feminism (if you decide to post it, and please do!!). Congratulations on the views! You're an amazing blogger. Awesome job (:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Hannah! I will defintely considerate it. Thanks for your support. It means so much to me. Keep up the good work on your blog too! I love reading it. xo

      Delete
  6. Your year seemed like it was really great. You always seem so put together and intelligent. I hope 2016 brings you more joy and blog success!

    Christina / thisfashiongirl.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That it was! Thank you so much, Christina! That's so sweet of you to say. I hope 2016 does the same for you. Thanks for reading & commenting!

      Delete

AddToAny