Baking with Grandma

Hello everyone,

I am super excited to announce that I am doing a collab with some of my favorite fellow bloggers. We've all decided to share with you our favorite Christmas cookie recipe.


I am a sucker for chocolate chip cookies. My grandmother's are the best! On Saturday, we spent the day baking.  

Please note, this recipe came from the NESTLE TOLL HOUSE Semi-Sweet Morsels package; I own nothing.



Ingredients:
  • 2 1/4 cups of all-purpose flour
  • 1 tsp. baking soda
  • 1 tsp. salt
  • 1 cup (2 sticks) of butter, softened
  • 3/4 cup of granulated sugar
  • 3/4 cup of packed brown sugar
  • 1 tsp. vanilla extract
  • 2 large eggs
  • 2 cups (12 oz pkg.) NESTLE TOLL HOUSE Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
Preheat: 
  • oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit
Combine:
  • flour, baking soda, and salt in a small bowl. Beat butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar, and vanilla extract in large mixer bowl until creamy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Gradually beat in flour mixture. Stir in morsels (and nuts). Drop by rounded tablespoon onto ungreased baking sheets. (Personally, I just made the balls with clean hands. I found it inconvenient.) 
Bake:
  • for 9 to 11 minutes or until golden brown. 
I placed about a dozen cookies on a tray. It took them about 10 minutes to make. This recipe makes approximately 60 cookies. (I made some cookies a little bit larger, so I only got 51 out of the mix.)

And here is the final product:



I recommend eating them right after they cool- that way they're still warm. Delicious!

My grandmother purchased some cookies to simply decorate. She knows what a Pinterest junkie I am. I've been showing her some cute Christmas cookie decorating ideas.

I decided to test them out below:


By no means am I an expert. This was my first time working with icing. I've never really decorated with more than sprinkles before. I think they turned out cute though! I'm specifically proud of the red and yellow tree. Super Pinteresty!

That concludes my recipe post. Be sure to check out some of the other bloggers who participated in this link up. You can do so by searching the #bloggersbakechristmascookies on Instagram! In the comments, let me know what some of your favorite cookies to make for the holidays are. It's never too late to make more cookies.

Thanks for reading,

Guilianna Marie 

4 comments:

  1. Yum, these look delicious! Thanks for linking up!

    xoxo,
    Katie
    chicincarolina.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Katie! Anytime! If there are any linkups in the future, don't hesitate to email me. I am more than willing to participate. Thanks for reading & commenting!

      Delete
  2. The cookies look really good! (And the snowmen are adorable.) I made some cookies yesterday that were plain sugar cookies, but I then pressed some bits of crumbled peppermint into them. Super Christmas-y and delicious. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Hannah! My grandmother is a baking expert. Those cookies sound delicious! Definitely going to look up a recipe on Pinterest! Thanks for reading & sharing! Have a Merry Christmas!

      Delete