My Junior Year Experience

Hi everyone!

Welcome back to my blog! I hope you're making the most of your summer vacation. I know I am! I've been working on summer assignments for my senior year, blogging, exercising, and spending time with friends and family.

This week I wanted to dive into the past and reminisce on my junior year. Sitting here now, I still don't know how I survived.

My Classes


Click here to view my schedule.

CE Basic Nutrition

Honestly, the only reason I took this class was because I wanted to earn some college credit. I really enjoyed the class as a whole. I will admit, composing the final was my favorite part of the class. We had to create a diet analysis. Mine was 13 pages long, not including 7 pages of charts and graphs. I received all 150 points for the assignment. I was thrilled!

Honors English 11

This class mainly focused on literature as opposed to writing. It didn't suit my fancy personally, but I still liked it.

Academic Chemistry

I took regular chemistry because (1) I am not going to be a scientist and (2) junior year is stressful enough. I think it's okay to take one regular academic class. Colleges aren't going to kill you for it.  Right? This class was a breeze. 

Health/P.E

I learned a lot. Who knew? I thought health was going to be extremely boring, but no. My teacher made sex education pretty interesting (and not awkward). That's a plus!

Honors Pre-Calculous

Math is not my strong suit. I knew that from the 8th grade, but I still took advanced level courses because my mother insisted. I finished the year with a B, which isn't too bad. I could have done worse.

Honors American Studies

I've never been a history buff, like ever. This class wasn't my favorite- close to my least favorite to be honest, but that's okay. At least I got something out of it.

Introduction To Psychology

This class inspired my to take an even more in depth course this summer at my local community college. My career path has completely changed. I'm now considering studying psychology/psychiatry as opposed to journalism.

CE Spanish III

In all honesty this class was probably my favorite. Spanish is one of those subjects that comes naturally to me.  I really enjoyed dedicating my time to this class.

My Favorite Memories


My school hosts two dances each year: Homecoming and Harvest Ball. Harvest Ball is a pretty big deal. If I had to describe this year's Harvest Ball in one word it would be: magical.


In the beginning of April I got my license. I've been carting myself to the mall and to school ever since.

Accomplishments


I Never Gave Up

Sometimes, especially as a junior, it's easy to say, "I'm done" or "I quit". This year, I gave it my all. Every single day: I would come home and study, and study some more.

Keeping Up With The Blog

I am so happy I kept blogging a priority. It's so nice to have a corner of the internet that I can call my own. I love collaborating with other bloggers and meeting new people. I will continue to keep up with my blogging schedule throughout the summer too.

Taking On A Leadership Role

Towards the end of the school year, I decided to go out for an officer position. I am going to be the Vice President of Key Club next year. I'm looking forward to it!

My Grades

Junior year was a lot of hustle and bustle, but it all worked out in the end. My grades truly reflected how much effort and work I put in throughout the year. 


Overview


Overall, it was a pretty good year. I think every school year has had a significant impact on me:

In 9th grade, I realized who I was and who I wanted to be. In 10 grade, I realized you can't control anything or anyone. This year, I realized something even bigger: things do happen for a reason.

This year, I put the final pieces together. I know who I am and who I hope to become. Though, I can't control anyone or anything, things happen for a reason. God knows exactly what he is doing when he weaves certain people and events into your life. I can't thank Him enough for the things he has given me this year.


Thanks for reading,





10 comments:

  1. Awesome post! It sounds like you had a pretty stressful year. Congratulations with getting your driving license, that's amazing. I've got my learner's permit at the moment (driving regulations are a little different in Ireland) and I hope to learn to drive over the Summer.
    Róisín
    totallyro.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Ró! I wish you the best of luck with driving. You'll absolutely loving having your license. Freedom!

      Thanks for reading & commenting!

      Delete
  2. Same! I just finished my junior year and doing class/homework and blogging has been really hard. I like how one of your accomplishments was that you never gave up I think that is so important for all teenagers today, and congrats to all your accomplishments this year !!

    thefashionmarshall.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Samara! It's nice to know there is someone out there who went through the same obstacles I did. Congratulations on surviving the dreaded junior year! Thanks for reading & your sweet comment!

      Delete
  3. I definitely know the struggle of junior year. It is said to be the hardest year but I'm glad you worked hard and focused on your goals. Congrats on you getting your driver license by the way. Must be so cool to not depend on anyone for rides anymore 😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was definitely a struggle! Through it all I just kept a positive outlook. Thank you so much for reading & commenting, Ayele! Looking forward to your future blog posts!

      Delete
  4. Basic nutrition sounds like a super fun class, who have loved to take it if my school had offered it. Seems like you were able to manage everything pretty well! Next year should be a breeze for you! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was super fun and super easy! I finished with a 102%! Definitely worth taking! Thanks for reading and commenting!

      Delete
  5. Enjoy your senior year! It goes by so fast. I know that's what everyone says but it truly does. I graduated a year ago and honestly miss it. Get involved and don't miss out on any events! If your school is anything like mine, all the senior activities are incredible. Enjoy the rest of your summer! I can't wait to see what's in store for you!
    Xoxo,
    Blair

    allthingsblair.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Blair! I know, I can't wait for prom! I'm looking forward to it. Thanks for reading & commenting! Your kind words mean so much to me. xx

      Delete

AddToAny