Study With Me For Finals

"Working hard is important, but there is something that matters even more: believing in yourself."
-Harry Potter


We Heart It

I hate to admit it, but finals are approaching quickly. There is 3-4 weeks. Everything that I learned this school year will have to be fresh in my mind these upcoming weeks. This year, finals count as 1/5 of my grade. It's a little overwhelming. 

Since most of you are getting ready to take your exams as well, I thought I would share some of my studying tips. Enjoy! x

1. Gather all materials.
  • Folders
  • Binders
  • Sticky Notes
  • Pens
  • Highlighters
  • Notes
  • Textbooks
  • Computer
2. Choose a location.
This is important. I personally like to study in my home office or in my bedroom- alone. I don't like to have group study sessions. I never manage to get work done when I'm with others.

3. Study for 20-40 minutes and take breaks.
This will help you concentrate and focus on the material better. I like to study for half an hour and come back every so often.

4. Set goals!
It's important you set goals, therefore you're more motivated to achieve them. I'm definitely a goal setter. I'm always setting goals in the beginning of my day. 

5. Take notes.
For the most part, I'm pretty organized. Notes have to be organized, there's no doubt about it. I personally love to color code- everything.

Honors Geometry: Purple
Physical Science: Yellow
American Studies: Red
Spanish I: Pink
English: Blue
Journalism: Colorful (Blue, green, yellow and purple; creative motivation)
21st Century Living: Green


We Heart It

Start with a subject. I'll use English as an example, because my English binder is very organized. I have a section completely dedicated to notes. 

On the top of the paper there should be a heading. Choose a different color. If your writing is in blue, go with orange. A color opposite from it on the color wheel is a nice choice. Circle words you don't know or aren't familiar with. Use stick notes to mark things that you need to come back to. 

Highlight important notes that your teacher told you were going to be on the final. 

I've found that by doing this, it helps me a lot. It's easier for me to understand the material and comprehend the task. 
We Heart It
Once you've completed taking notes and reviewing them, check over your work. Go online and check out other sources; or your teacher's web page. Sometimes they have study guides and quizzes that you can look upon.

6. A good nights sleep is important.
Remember not to cram in too much studying. Don't waste your nights studying. Be sure to get some rest! Relax. It's just a test. You've been preparing for it. All you can do is relax and let fate take it's course.


Good luck on your final exams. Mine are coming up in the next month. I'm really nervous. Wish me luck. Thanks for reading. I hope you found this post informative and helpful.

Guilianna xx


2 comments:

  1. You'll be fine. My exams started two weeks ago and I'm currently in the middle of them. I have two more left!

    I find that having a playlist to listen to is also helpful. You end up assosciating the songs with work and you get motivated.

    Good luck with your finals xox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so nervous. I start them in a few weeks. I've been studying like crazy.

      I'll have to do that- make a studying playlist on Spotify. If you have any song suggestions, please let me know.

      Good luck with your finals as well. My apologies for responding late. Thank you so much for commenting. I'll talk to you soon. xx

      Delete

AddToAny