Taylor Swift Met Gala Makeup

Hi! x

I am obsessed with Taylor Swift from her music, to her style, to her lifestyle choices. I found some of her latest pictures and her makeup is flawless. Here's my take on her look with some of my favorite products. Enjoy!

Flawless Skin

Taylor's skin is absolutely perfect, there isn't a single flaw or blemish. To achieve this face look you'll need:
  • Primer
  • Foundation
  • Concealer
  • Powder
  • Blush
  • Highlighter (optional) 

Wash your face. You don't want to apply makeup to a dirty, oily face. I personally like to use the charcoal scrub by Biore. After you have cleansed your face, apply a primer. It's important you apply a primer because it will allow your foundation to stay on throughout the day. 

Next, apply a full coverage foundation. Taylor's skin is flawless, as I've mentioned before- a thousand times. Add concealer if needed. Remember: DO NOT CAKE YOUR MAKEUP. We want a matte finish. 

Apply a translucent powder. This will adsorb most of the excess oil to give a desired matte finish.

Notice Taylor's rosy cheeks. Choose a color with shimmer that will add definition. When applying blush, be sure to smile, that way you'll be able to notice the apples of your cheeks. When you've completed that work in circles towards your temples. This will leave a natural looking affect.

For a completed look, add a highlight to the tops of your cheekbones to bring them out.


Elegant Eyes

Taylor has blue eyes- beautiful blue eyes. With the shadows and colors she used, she made her ocean eyes stand out. To achieve this eye look:
  • Eyeshadow primer
  • Champagne eyeshadow
  • Eyeliner
  • Mascara
Eyeshadow primer is a must. My personal favorite the the Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer. My eye makeup doesn't crease and it lasts all day. 

Champagne eye shadows work great on any skin tone. In the picture above, Taylor's eyeshadow is very neutral and classic. I do not personally own any of these colors, but I would apply Sidecar on my lid, Toasted on my outer corner, and the darkest shade in my crease. Blend, blend, blend! 


I don't want it to look overpowering, just simply & classy.

I am not one to wear eyeliner. So, I would just skip this step, but if you're into wearing eyeliner, create a thin like and increase the depth as you get to the outer corner. For a dramatic affect, drag it out slightly. 

Lastly, for the eyes is mascara or false lashes. I don't really have any experience with false lashes, so I'm going to stick to mascara. Taylor's eyelashes are very bold, yet dainty. Apply two coats of black mascara. Separate lashes with an eyelash comb if needed.



Luscious Lips

Taylor is always wearing a bold red lip. I am so envious of her because she can pull it off perfectly; no questions asked. 
  • Moisturizing lip balm
  • Lip pencil (optional)
  • Red lipstick
  • Lip gloss (optional)

This is my favorite lip balm- Primavera Hydrating Lip Balm. It smells so good and moisturizes my lips. Lip pencils can dry out your lips, so it's important they are moisturized. 


A lip pencil is recommended when doing any kind of red lip. After apply the pencil to your lips, apply the red lipstick cautiously. 

If you're trying to make it look a little more natural, add a gloss to the center of your lips. This will give the illusion of healthy looking lips, as well as making them more toned down. I like to use a clear gloss by Lip Smacker. I think it works perfectly. 


Lastly, apply a setting spray so your makeup lasts the whole day/night. My personal favorite is the Urban Decay Oil-Control Setting Spray. My makeup lasts the whole school day. It works wonders! I would highly recommend it. 



Thanks for reading. I greatly appreciate it. 

Guilianna xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

AddToAny