Dear Journal: 5/10/14

"When I was a little girl I used to read fairy tales. In fairy tales you meet Prince Charming and he's everything you ever wanted. In fairy tales the bad guy is very easy to spot. The bad guy is always wearing a black cape so you always know who he is. Then you grow up and realize Prince Charming isn't as easy to find as you thought. You realize the bad guy is not wearing a black cape and he is not easy to spot, he's really funny, and he makes you laugh, and he has perfect hair."
-Taylor Swift



I really like this Taylor Swift quote. In middle school and high school we're distracted by the popular boys and the ones who have ocean blue eyes. This quote makes me reminisce on a time in my life when I was blinded by my optimism. I think that's what happens to all of us when we're falling in "love" or whatever it is.


Monday was a decent day. I had soccer practice. Rumors spread fairly quickly. I guess, overhearing stuff adds stress. Soccer practice is a good time to burn off some steam. Tuesday was all a decent day. Wednesday was another day. The week flew by within a blink.

I want to share a lesson I learned throughout my journey as an adolescent:


I used to be viewed as quiet. Shy. Anti-social. Awkward. The list is endless upon what people viewed me as. Some of them still view me as those things to this day. I've come to realize it doesn't matter.

This is what I learned: people are intimidated by my silence. Silence shows fear and/or it shows confidence. The problem is, people are tangled up in fear themselves, that they fear the potential of others. If you're quiet... and people make fun of you for that, they're intimidated by you. They fear what is above them. You hold a special confidence that they will never, ever be able to touch. Congratulations!


Friday night... The formal! A few of my girlfriends came over and we did each other's hair and makeup. 


Lovely night. I had a blast. I went with someone as friends.


And of course I couldn't do it without these babies! You can check out my instagram for more pictures. I had a dashing time! 

Instagram: @guilianna13


Today, Saturday, I had a soccer game. We lost 3-2. Oh, well. Most of the team was tired from the night before. The dance really got to the best of us- heels, intense dancing, etc. You know how it is.

Have a lovely day. Thank you so much for reading.

Guilianna x



No comments:

Post a Comment

AddToAny