#MotivationalMonday: The Fitness Tag

Towards the end of December I made a fitness routine for myself to follow during the month of January. I wanted to let you all know how I've been doing, as far as working out. I thought this tag would be the perfect way to inform you all.


How fit do you consider yourself to be? Are you happy with the shape you're in?
For my age group, I feel as though I could be in better condition. On a scale of 1-10, I'd say I'm at a 5, where the rest of my age group is about a 7. I am happy with the shape I'm in, but I'm not against losing a few pounds here and there.

Do you play any sports?
Yes, I play soccer, but not seriously.

Besides playing sports, do you exercise well?
Like I stated in my introduction, I made a fitness routine which I do 1-2 times a week. For a beginner, I think that's decent.

Do you have any fitness or health related goals?
(1) I'd like to drink a lot more water. I drink about 16 oz of water a day, but I want to start drinking eight 8-oz glasses. This means I have to start consuming 48 oz a day. I think it's possible. (2) I would like to eventually start working out 3-4 times a week by the time February and March approach. Soccer season will be starting in April. 



Which celebrity's body would you like to have?
I've never really envied any celebrities for their body; I suppose I would like a celebrity who has a little bit of "meat" on her bones. Society is telling girls to be toothpicks, I just don't find that practical. Scarlett Johannson has a lovely body- it's most certainly more than bones, yet it's still in decent shape.

What's your favorite and/or least favorite exercise?
My favorite exercise is doing different soccer drills. I really like spending time with my friends and improving upon different skills. As for my least favorite activity, it would have to be jogging/running. It's kind of "boring" so to speak.

How important is leading an active and healthy lifestyle for you?
Very important. Being fit allows you to accomplish more. It also gives you a great confidence boost. Quick story: the summer of 2012 I didn't feel comfortable in my skin. I felt slightly overweight compared to the people around me. The summer of 2013, I realized I wanted to be like those other girls. I started working out a little more to get my desired body shape. I felt so much more confident! 

How much attention to a healthy diet do you pay?
Honestly, I don't pay as much attention as I should to my diet. 

What's your biggest diet secret?
I don't really have a diet "secret". I recommend drinking a lot of water throughout the day over soda and other sugary drinks.

Do you smoke, or have you ever smoked in the past?
No, nor do I plan to. 

The app PumpUp; it's one of my favorite for working out.

I hope you enjoyed this tag. How do you stay fit? What exercises do you do? Any special apps? Comment it all below!

Thanks for reading,

Guilianna xx

14 comments:

  1. I really want to be confident and happy with my body. So this post was really nice to read! I try to eat more fruit and vegetables and drink water. I try to drink 5 glasses of water a day. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally understand where you're coming from. I want to be more confident in mine as well, that's why I started working out more. I'll have to start looking for new healthy recipes on pinterest and such. Thanks for commenting and reading! It means so much to me, Christina! xx

      Delete
  2. Ahh motivation to actually exercise is much needed for me. Sometimes I feel that way too. That I want my body to be like their's. And you know what? I actually went for a run this morning. Let's see if I can keep it up ;) It's not that boring when you're listening to 1989.

    -M
    The Life of Little Me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think we all need a little more of it, aha! Yes! Yes! And yes! 1989 is full of upbeat songs that are fun to run to. Whenever I'm working out I listen to "Shake It Off" and "Bad Blood," along with some others. Thanks for reading and commenting, M! xx

      Delete
  3. This was so motivational GAH! :) I love PumpUp everyone seems to use MyFitnessPal but I haven't mastered it yet :)

    NEW POST Jennos Health.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Jenny! I definitely prefer PumpUp compared to My Fitness Pal. Thanks for reading and commenting. xx

      Delete
  4. Awesome post! Last year I trained for a half marathon in Disney World and I was super healthy but now that I've completed it I've kind of lost motivation to work out so this is super helpful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Bella! Really? Was it the Princess Marathon? I would love to take participation in that sometime. It's on my bucket list. Thanks for reading and commenting! xx

      Delete
    2. No I went for Marathon weekend so I ran the Donald but I would definitely suggest doing Disney Races! They are the best!

      Delete
    3. Really? That sounds really cool! I'll have to look into it!

      Delete
  5. I loved this post Guilianna! I have really been trying to be more active as well. I am glad I am not the only one who finds running boring =D I love to play tennis with my sister, or go on bike trails, or even do some of the workouts from the Tone It Up blog and YouTube channel! You will have to check them out, the two girls that do it are great! Anyways, keep up the good work, I know you can reach your goals!!

    Juliana Grace | www.julianagraceblogspace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Haha, yeah! "Just running" can be quite boring. I like to fit in my exercise in by doing more exciting things. I'll check it out now! I love going to YouTube for exercise ideas. (Love doing yoga on Sunday nights! I found some sweet beginner tutorials on there.) Thanks so much, Juliana! I look forward to hearing from you again soon. xx

      Delete
  6. I going through the exact same thing as well! I usually run when Rugby season is over in order to keep my form and stamina up, but I live in Canada...so, I try to do indoor workouts too! My season begins in March and I hope that I can whip myself into shape by then too, by watching YouTube videos and etc.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really? That's awesome! I typically gage towards to doing indoor workouts. I'm not much of an outdoors type of girl. Same! x

      Thanks for reading and commenting, Alexandra. x

      Delete

AddToAny