Respect Yourself

I think it's important to always stay true to yourself. About a year ago, I would have been scared to be myself, but now, I am comfortable in my own skin and I am not afraid to explain my own theories.

By all of this, I simply mean changing yourself for someone. A guy perhaps?

I don't think I'd be able to live with myself if I didn't make this post. So here is to the girls...
  • who have been broken 
  • who have been scared (of a guy)
  • who have been silenced
  • who have been abused
  • who have found hope in the end
  • who will find hope in the end


My Tips- Saying No To Peer Pressure

1. The first time he asks for a picture or pressures you into doing something you're not comfortable with tell him you're not comfortable. Don't dance around the subject. Firmly state that you're not ready for that activity yet. Everyone develops at different rates. If you don't say anything, he could continue to pressure you and you may just fall into it. 

2. I always keep this in the back of my mind: when you say no to sexual activity, chances are he'll try to persuade you. You know, "If you loved me, you would." Oh, please. Don't fall into that sort of manipulation. If he can't wait then that's his loss. You shouldn't be wasting your time with a boy who only wants your body. You can do so much better!

3. You only have one body. Don't give it up easily.

Please remember to always stay true to yourself. Always.
4. Keep the line of communication open with your parents. I know we all dread talking to our parents about sex and drugs, but trust me they're the best people to go to. Whenever I have an issue I immediately talk to my parents. They've been through high school before. They're going to want to guide you in the right direction.

5. Falling apart is okay. So you had yourself hooked on the boy. You thought you two were going to get married, just by the way he said your name. Well, you said no and he said goodbye. So you cry. And that's okay. That's more than okay. 

6. So it happened. So what? The best part about it all is that it made you stronger. You hold the confidence and respect that a woman should wear everyday. Approximately 42% of teenagers are having sex at this age- maybe they're ready and maybe they're not. And if they're not, you've got them beat. You're saving yourself for that special person.


Statistics On Peer Pressure

1. Every hour of every day, two American young people contract HIV, 96 become pregnant, and nearly 350 more contract a sexually transmitted disease (U.S. Public Health Service, 2001).

2. Young men are more likely than young women to become sexually active at younger ages, 12 percent and 4 percent, respectively. Males are more likely than females to report having had four or more sexual partners (Kaiser Family Foundation, 2000c).

3. One-third of teenage males feel pressure from their friends to have sex (Kaiser Family Foundation).

4. 23 percent of females feel pressure from their friends to have sex (Kaiser Family Foundation).

 Don't increase these numbers. If you're ready for different activities, then go for it! In the end, just remember to respect yourself. 


If you're interested in my story you can click here. This is the first time that I opened up on an explicit level with my readers. Since it's a new year I intend on doing it more often.


Thank you so much for reading! If you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask.

Guilianna xx

My Story: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1z8dD17U_mOX3aEgp65qSZ5TIz5-0MtvGTUdWiNHk9P8/pub

6 comments:

  1. thanks for such a personal post :)

    NEW POST Jennos Health.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought it would be a nice little change to my blog. I enjoyed writing on something that means so much to me. Thanks for reading and commenting. Loved your latest post! :)

      Delete
  2. You're so brave for posting such an honest and personal post Guilianna, I genuinely hope that tonnes of girls read this post, along with your story and understand that they should never be pressurised into intense situations like that. I commend you so much for talking about it, it's a thing that's happened so many girls and it shouldn't ever happen. Stay Strong Guilianna! Keep up the beautiful writing xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Aveen! Thank you so much. I hope a decent amount of people read this, especially my personal story. It was an experience that changed my outlook on life as a whole. Thanks for your kind words, Aveen. I couldn't be more thankful for them. xoxo

      Delete
  3. You are so inspiring! I believe you can only truly love and respect others if you learn to love and respect yourself. Blogging has made me more confident to speak my mind and be myself; so far people have accepted me for me. Your words are so meaningful, there aren't enough people like you and you're so young! I am truly inspired <3

    Jessica Anna

    A So Called Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jessica! This comment means so much to me. Blogging (and writing in general) has also made me feel more confident. It's such a great way to express yourself. This comment was so sweet! Thanks for reading and commenting it means the world to me. Hope to hear from you again soon, Jessica! xx <3

      Delete