Winter Makeup Routine 2016

Hello everyone,

For Christmas I got a few new makeup products that I couldn't wait to try out. Immediately I made the products a part of my daily makeup routine. With that being said, here is my new makeup routine:



Face

I try to keep my makeup pretty simple. For starters, I apply my latest purchase, Double-Duty Face Moisturizer SPF 20 with Blue Algae Extract & Sea Parsley by Jack Black. This product is definitely going to be a holy grail for me.

Once I let the moisturizer sink into my skin, I apply my full coverage foundation. I've talked about the Dream Matte Mousse by Maybelline in previous blog posts. With any other imperfections I apply my holy grail concealer: Skinclearing Blemish Concealer by Neutrogena. Then, whatever powder I grab I use. I don't have a favorite powder just yet. I'm still experimenting.

I've recently been experimenting with highlighters. For Christmas, my mom got me a sample pack of Benefit's cheek products. High-Beam Face Highlighter by Benefit has been a must-do in my everyday makeup routine. It makes for a flawless finish.

And of course, I finish off my face with a blush. Because I like to play up other aspects of my face, I go with a very natural blush. Lately, I've been wearing READY Blush in The Indecent Proposal by Bareminerals.



Eyes 

For Christmas, I received the Trust In Love Giftable Set by Stila. Aside from the eyeshadows being absolutely gorgeous, the packaging is stunning! I can't say enough good things about this palette. After applying an eyeshadow primer, I dive right into the shadows.

I then use an eyelash curler to prep my lashes for mascara. I've been using the mascara within the gift set. It's lengthens, volumizes, and darkens lashes. The final result is stunning!



Lips

To complete the look, I glide over a natural pink/plum gloss. I received this one in my stocking. I apologize for not having a direct link to this product.


Lock It In

Because I'm obsessed with this makeup look, I use All Nighter Long-Lasting Makeup Setting Spray by Urban Decay. This ensures my look will last all day and/or night.



What is a must-do in your makeup routine? Are you one to wear a winged out liner? Or a darker lip like myself?

Thanks for reading,


10 comments:

  1. The Stila palette looks so good, love this post, xx.

    astadek.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The colors are absolutely gorgeous. Super pigmented too! Thanks for reading & commenting, Atsa! xx

      Delete
  2. That set is super cute. I love how you're still experimenting with some make up. I'm the same way too, especially because my face gets so oily. It's tough finding just the right make up for everything. Lately I've been experimenting with more bold lipsticks. So far, I'm still with the pinks and corals lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Lis! I love experimenting with darker glosses during this season. They're a little bit more in my comfort range. Thanks for reading & commenting!

      Delete
  3. wow amazing blog post !! I just love these kinda blogs :D keep up the amazing work !!

    come say hi - Jadiee'sLittleBlog

    Jade

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jade! So sweet of you. Definitely will check out your blog later this evening. Thanks for stopping by! x

      Delete
  4. I really want to get my hands on the Urban Decay setting spray, is it similar to Fix+ if you've tried that or would you say they're completely different? xx

    www.adaliascloset.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Adalias! Thanks for stopping by. Unfortunately, I've never tried that products. All I know is that the Urban Decay setting spray is to die for. X

      Delete
  5. At what age did you start wearing makeup? I'm really just experimenting with my makeup at the moment, and I don't wear much nonetheless. What is your favorite drugstore brand?
    peridotcove.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I started wearing concealer and lip gloss in eighth grade. In ninth grade, I started wearing foundation, blush, and mascara. Now that I'm in 11th grade, I typically wear a full face of makeup. Though it does depend on the day. My favorite makeup brand ranges. For an ultimately makeup brand, I would have to go with Maybelline. I love their face, lip, and eye products. Thanks for reading, Sanjana!

      Delete