Q&A: I'm 18!

Hi everyone!

Welcome back to my blog! Today I am doing a more relaxed post. I posted on my social media accounts asking for some question from y'all!



You guys asked me some awesome questions, so let's get into it:


@totally_ro: What are the top three places on your wanderlust? 

I've always dreamed about going to Paris. I've seen so many beautiful pictures and have just been in awe since. I also want to go to Bora, Bora. I decided that this might even make a great honeymoon spot. Shoutout to Aspyn and Parker for planting that seed in my head. How romantic would that be? And lastly, I would choose Australia. I definitely want to go zip lining there!


@littlehummer_: How's your journalism class going?

I'm so glad you asked me about this class, Ayele! I've been wanting to talk about my journalism class for awhile. It's definitely a little bit harder than I thought it was going to be. I am the News/Features Editor for my school newspaper; so my responsibilities in the class are a little bit more than the regular reporter. I'm really enjoying the class as a whole. I've learned so much about writing and interviewing. I definitely want to portray that more on my blog as I move forward. Maybe I'll do some interviews on my second blog!


@shannoliviab: What inspired you to start blogging? How did you decide what to blog about?

I love being asked what inspired me to start a blog. I've always had a deep love for writing. It took me awhile to decide what to blog about. For the longest time, my blog was just a place where I stored random thoughts and ideas. As my blog became more developed, I focus more on things that "matter". I most definitely like to cover what's going on in the beauty and fashion industries, but I like to talk about my personal encounters. For example, there was a specific time I composed on peer pressure. From that post on, I decided I wanted my blog to be more lifestyle based. Click here to read my personal narrative.


@mylifeasalyson:What's your favorite thing about blogging?

My favorite thing about blogging is that I have the ability to inspire. Like I said earlier, I wrote about an extremely personal event: my first encounter with the dreaded peer pressure. Long story short, I was apart of the in crowd for once. That was the night I walked into alcohol, dimmed lights, the smell of smoke, and a too loud Blink 182 song. That was also the night I realized being popular wasn't worth all of the backlash that came with it. Writing about that experience was really cool. Being able to inspire... and gain support all at the same time is truly indescribable.


@jgraceblog: What's your plan for college and what would you like to do one day?

I am so excited to share my college plans. I have full intentions on going to Cabrini University, where I will obtain my master's in psychology. I actually went to Cabrini University's Instant Decision Day. After fifteen minutes of the admissions counselor plugging in my grades, reading my essay, and scanning my resume, he said I had been accepted. That was one of the best days ever. I could feel the weight lift off of my shoulders. With that being said, I definitely want to work in the psychology field. One day, it would be really cool to have my own private practice.

Want to read my college essay? Click HERE! It's about how I turned a bad experience into a good one all because of my blog.


@thatpurmonster: Are you moving away from home for college and are you ready?

I am not moving away from home for college, at least for my first year or two. I am planning on commuting. I think I'm ready. I've prepped myself with college courses throughout my high school career. I definitely want to take that next step.


@ailbhe_woods: What are you hoping to study in college?

I am planning to study psychology. The school I am planning to attend has a five year master program for psychology. I also plan on finishing my minor in Spanish. I've already started it in high school. I just need two more classes to complete it. I also want to explore their journalism concentration. Just because I don't see journalism as a future career doesn't mean I don't want to pursue it as a hobby.


I want to give a huge thanks to everyone who asked me questions via Instagram, Snapchat, and Twitter. This post wouldn't be complete if it wasn't for you!

If you have any more questions for me, feel free to comment below. I'd be happy to answer them.

Thanks for reading!

8 comments:

  1. Aw yay this was thw perfect get to know you better than I had. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you enjoyed this post, Vanessa! Thanks for reading & commenting! x

      Delete
  2. I am excited to hear that you are pushing through even though it is harder than you first thought. That will get you anywhere you need to be. And I can;t wait to read some interviews on your blog one day. It's going to be amazing.
    Wishing you all the best,
    ayele
    https://asenseofhomeblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Ayele! I love reading your sweet comments. They always make my day. Thanks for reading & commenting! It means so much!

      Delete
  3. I would love to go to Bora Bora, I would also love to visit Paris. Lovely post xx
    http://blossomofhope.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely on my bucket list! Thanks for reading and commenting, Laura! x

      Delete
  4. Ah Bora Bora went straight onto the list of places I would love to visit after seeing Aspyn and Parker's vlogs too haha, it really does look like the most perfect place for a honeymoon! Leonie x
    https://prettyrainclouds.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely! It looks so romantic! Thanks for reading and commenting, Leonie! Love your blog, by the way! xx

      Delete