Learn To Love Yourself

"Being yourself if all it takes. If you want to impress someone don't be someone else, just be yourself." 
-Selena Gomez

Your body is the most important thing that you have in your possession. It's important that you cherish, embrace, and love it with all that you have.

It took me awhile to actually feel comfortable with the face staring back at me in the mirror. I would always pick out every little flaw. To this day, I still do. If I had to pick a year that really changed me, it would probably be 2013.

2013 was the year that I had a breakthrough. I started reading Seventeen, wearing makeup, and took time to pick out my clothes the night before. Here's how I got through it:

1. Notice Your Flaws
Don't pick out every little detail, just some things that make you feel really insecure. For me, my biggest insecurities include my acne, my weight, and that I wear glasses.

Noticing these flaws showed me that there was something I had to do about them.

2. Options: Fix 'em or Leave 'em
I decided that I would try to fix them all and make myself look like I stepped out of some Victoria Secret's magazine. That didn't work out too well. I decided to start eating less, running on my treadmill, and try contacts. When attempting to fix the acne, it dried out my skin and I felt even worse.

I recently took a new approach to all of those things. Eat healthier, workout for a little bit to maintain weight, try a different skin care routine and stick with it, and keep glasses! I can't touch my eyes, I think it's gross. Therefore, I embrace the fact that I wear glasses because they're unique.

3. Find a Hobby
You should keep yourself productive. I keep myself productive with blogging and writing song lyrics. Doing something you love, will make you happier. Expressing myself through a screen and a keyboard is the best way to express myself in my case. It's not that easy for words just to come out.

4. Hangout With People YOU Feel Comfortable Around
So, I found myself hanging out with some different people. It turns out I was not as comfortable as I was with my old pals. It was a different atmosphere, new people, new experiences. It was just a lot thrown at me at once.

Hanging out with my own friends made me feel secure and comfortable.

5. Beauty/Fashion
Less is more- that's the only thing I can suggest. If you want to clean yourself up, start a new wardrobe. Shop at places like American Eagle or Abercrombie & Fitch, or where ever your style of clothes come from.

I've been obsessed with mint lately. I also want to get a pair of maroon pants. I don't know, I just think they're adorable!


Always love yourself. You're beautiful inside and out.

Thanks for reading!

Guilianna x

No comments:

Post a Comment

AddToAny