Back To School: Style Basics

Hi everyone!

Welcome back to my main blog, Guilianna Marie. This week, I'm sharing my style staples for the upcoming school season. 

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12


AE Denim X Skinny Jean Rich Ink


Most of my jeans come from American Eagle Outfitters, if not from Hollister Co. Dark skinnies are perfect for everyday of the week. The versatility of them makes them an essential. For example, pair with a cable knit sweater, knee high boots and boot socks for a cozy, tumblr look. Or pair with a white tee and vans for a casual vibe. Utilize silver accessories for a touch of girlyness and glam.


Aerie Chill Hi-Rise Legging True Black

I have a love-hate relationship with leggings. Sometimes I love them. Other times I despise them. Let me put it this way: I love them if you style them correctly. I recommend pairing leggings with a longer tee that covers your butt. Wear something flowy to create balance within your outfit.

Women's Topshop V-Neck Tee

V-necks are a must. Again, because of their versatility.  I own several from New York & Company and Primark. I recommend having the basics: black, gray, and white. You can do so much with those colors; try layering necklaces, or wearing a military styled jacket. (I saw that on Pinterest. Super chic.)


Black Rivet Traditional Plaid Blanket Scarf

There's no denying that I love scarves. I love, love, love them! They are my favorite accessory- besides purses- of course. They serve the purpose of keeping me warm, while being stylish at the same time. Win, win! This one is definitely on my wishlist!

Nike Roshe One Fashion Shoe

In the beginning of summer, I purchased my first pair of Roshe sneakers. I really like them- mostly because of their weight. They're so easy to throw in your gym bag. 

Toms Black Classic Black On Black Flats

Any type of black slip on is a must. I have about four pairs of black slip ons. My favorite pairs are from Adidas and Keds. You can literally pair them with anything. I like to wear them with black leggings, a solid v-neck and cardigan. It's perfect for school: comfy and cute. Perfect for Saturday morning study sessions at your local coffee shop too!

Alex and Ani Path of Life Slider Charm Bangle Rafaelian Silver Finish

I love Alex and Ani jewelry. I have six bangles and one pull through bracelet. I love the Path of Life design- it's gorgeous. Anyway, as far as school accessories go, these can slide on with ease. When you're in a rush, you won't want to tie that leather bracelet together- trust me!


MICHAEL Michael Kors Jet Set 18K LG Ew Crossbody (Brown) 

Michael Kors is one of my favorite purse designers. I currently own three Michael Kors crossbody purses. I find that they are extremely convenient for school functions- carnivals, football games, etc. They're also perfect for Saturday morning study sessions at Starbucks. Why lug your entire purse around? Just take your backpack and the pure essentials.

Can you tell I'm all about Saturday morning study sessions at Starbucks? #SorryNotSorry

AE Dolman Boyfriend Cardigan Oatmeal

Cardigans! Cardigans! Cardigans! They are literally your best friend in school. If I knew my locker combination, I would keep one in there. Unfortunately, I don't know my locker combination so I just lug it around all day. They're super easy to throw on on top of v-necks. It's an effortless kind of chic, you know? (I apologize: I don't speak fashion.)

PINK Penn State University Varsity Pullover Hoodie

I am definitely a hoodie type of girl. I love wearing them with jeans, leggings, etc. This one from Victoria's Secret is super cute. Though I don't have a desire to go to Penn State University, I still think it's really cute. Definitely going to add this to my birthday/Christmas wishlist!


J.Crew Factory Cable Scoopneck Sweater


When shopping for the back to school season, I can guarantee you you've picked up at least ten sweaters. Am I wrong? Cable knit sweaters are perfect for chilly mornings at the bus stop, or Friday night football games. You really can't lose with cable knits.


J.Crew Factory Pearl Cluster Headband


A few weeks ago when I was in J. Crew Factory I came across this headband. The ivory headband is currently on sale for $8.50. Let's just say I was kicking myself in the butt after I left. I can't believe I didn't buy it. This headband is the perfect accessory. You can wear your hair in a braid overnight and pop this headband on in the morning with ease. How cute would that be?


That concludes my style basics- just in time for back to school shopping! Let me know what fashion items you've picked up for school. 

Thanks for reading,


SaveSave

14 comments:

  1. Literally like everything you mentioned! Those jeans look amazing and I recently bought similar once :) Perfect for school x

    www.beautiliciousd.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! My sister was actually just about to purchase them today, but she found ones at Hollister Co. that she liked so much better. Thanks for reading and commenting! xx

      Delete
  2. Everything is so needed in the back to school year. Ive got shopping to do!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, yes, and yes! Please do a haul on your blog. Would love to see what you purchase. Thanks for reading and comment, Vanessa!

      Delete
  3. I'm currently hunting for a simple white tee. I think it makes such simplistic yet stylish choice for an outfit. I currently have a high rise leggings and I love it. I hope you find yours.
    wihsing you all the best,
    Ayele.
    https://asenseofhomeblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely check out New York & Company. Their tees are great quality and super cheap. I got mine for $5! Thanks for reading & commenting! xx

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Caramella! I really appreciate you reading and commenting. It means a lot to me. xx

      Delete
  5. Awesome post! I never know what to wear with jeans, so thanks for sharing!
    Love your blog :)
    Amy x | amyslifeblogs24.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Amy! I'm glad you found this post helpful. I appreciate you taking the time to read and comment on it! x

      Delete
  6. Your blog is amazing! Beaut posts x
    Morgan | www.justmorgs.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Morgs! I really appreciate you taking the time to read and comment on this post. It means a lot. x

      Delete

AddToAny