Back To School Essentials

Hi everyone!

Welcome back to my blog! I know it's only the first week of August, but school is right around the corner. I have less than four weeks! With that being said, I thought I would share some of my basic essentials with you guys. 

Vera Bradley Campus Tech Backpack (Classic Black) 

I used this exact backpack last school year. And I'm probably going to use it again this year since it's in great condition. This backpack has a ton of room for all of your books and essentials.


Lilly Pulitzer Travel Tumbler

Lilly Pulitzer is one of my favorite designers/stores. I highly recommend having some sort of travel cup. Last year, I used a LP travel mug for hot tea. Now, I'm into drinking fruit water. Read all about the health benefits of lemon water here.


Post-it Notes, Jaipur Collection, 3 inch x 3 inch, 5 Pads/Pack (654-5UC)

Post-it Notes are my best friends. They make so organization easy. I use sticky notes for pointing things out in my school textbooks. 


Lilly Pulitzer Tiki Palm iPhone 6/6S Wristlet

I actually don't own a Lilly Pulitzer wristlet, but I would like to. If you drive to school this is really nice to have. You can throw your IDs in here along with some cash and you're good to go!


Lilly Pulitzer Ocean Jewels Large 2016-2017 Agenda

I just bought this agenda while in Orlando, Florida. Lilly Pulitzer agendas are a must- mostly because I hate the agendas my school provides. Because they are too tiny, it's nearly impossible to stay organized. With this planner I can lay all of my information out neatly.


Bride Vintage Floral Otterbox iPhone 6/6s Case

I definitely recommend investing in an Otterbox Case if you have an iPhone. You always need your phone for school: apps assignments, email, music, etc. Don't risk cracking your phone. Protect it! Check out the exact one I own here.


Lilly Pulitzer Spot Ya Key Fob

I highly recommend- if you drive to school- a brightly colored key chain. I use one similar to this from Lilly because it's easy to find in my backpack.


Adidas Alliance Ii Sackpack

I recommend investing in a "nicer" gym bag. The one I was using in middle school began to rip because it was on the cheaper side. I currently use one from Target now. It works great, but I like this one from Adidas. Very sporty!


Colored Fineliners

Honestly, I've never even heard of this brand. I just recommend having an assortment of colorful pens. It makes note taking easy. I take my core notes in black ink, then vocabulary in purple. Anything the teacher stresses I write in red. I will definitely do a more in depth post on note taking if you'd guys like me to.


iPad Mini

I like having a tablet on hand at all times. I can use it when I have down time in my open campuses or after school if I hit up a coffee shop. It's very convenient!


Makeup Bag

I thought this makeup bag was really cute! My makeup bag is more of an emergency kit. I have everything in there: face powder, feminine products, hand wipes, lip gloss, lotion, oil absorbing sheets, etc. I am the type of girl to carry a mini sewing kit in my backpack. You never, ever know what could happen.


Color-Coded Notebooks

I love color coding. Here is how I organize my subjects:

English

Science

Math

Social Studies

Spanish

Journalism

I also recommend carrying two extra folders with you: one for "class" information and another for homework. Class information can include your schedule, trip forms, etc. I also keep my club information in this folder. I am going to be taking up a leadership position next year; I plan on keeping all important handouts in this folder.

The other folder can include homework. I like having a folder solely dedicated to homework because it's visually appealing; I can see all of the tasks I need to complete in one area. Also, I don't have to worry about shoving my statistics homework in my economics folder when I'm in a rush. They will all be in the same place.


That concludes my back to school essentials. What are some of your back to school essentials? Comment down below!

Thanks for reading,

SaveSave
SaveSave
SaveSave

18 comments:

  1. Nice post! I love Lilly Pulitzer Agenda, it's so pretty. In my school we have to use the journal that is given which sucks as it's a little awkward and very bulky.
    Róisín
    totallyro.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Ró! Lilly Pulitzer agendas are an absolute must for me. I hate the ones my school provides. There's simply not enough room to write down all of my assignments. Thanks for reading & commenting!

      Delete
  2. I'm currently online shopping for school supplies like crazy girl! I just discovered a brand that is widely popular on tumblr, and it is called muji and their products are really cute. But korean and kawaii school supplies are the cutest things ever. I don't like school but I sure love stationary!!!
    wishing you all the best,
    ayele :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know exactly what you mean, Ayele! I'll definitely check them out! I usually stick with the regular Staples brand stationary. I find it helps me stay organized- but the cute stuff is always a motivator. Thanks for reading and commenting! It means a lot to me. xx

      Delete
  3. Aw I miss back to school shopping! Some great essentials here :)
    YASMINA NICOLE

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Yasmin! I appreciate you taking the time to read and comment on this post. x

      Delete
  4. Highlighters and post it notes are my essentials! They are so helpful xx
    http://blossomofhope.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely! Definitely! Definitely! Thanks for reading and commenting, Laura. It means a lot to me. x

      Delete
  5. I love your finds! I'm going back to school in September to start my A-levels and Sixth-Form... Pretty nerve wracking!
    I therefore am going to get a new rucksack, pencil case and pens etc... I love your idea of carrying around a makeup bag though, I'm always in need of something whether it be lip balm or hand sanitiser! Will definitely be doing this, thank you for the idea :)
    Loved reading <3

    Lauren ♥ | Sincerely, Lauren Emily

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Lauren! A makeup bag is definitely an essential-hand sanitizer, oil absorbing sheets, pads, etc. I'm glad you found this post helpful. That's always my goal! Thanks for reading and commenting! Have a good one! xx

      Delete
  6. Love this post! I always get sad when I see back to school posts in my feed but this post has actually put me in a good mood for September! This year I will be more organised, I promise...
    Clare xx
    http://paleandinterestingch.blogspot.ie/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean, Clare! Thank you so much for reading and commenting! I really appreciate it. x

      Delete
  7. This list is really great! I can't live without post-it notes, I just can't :P And I also love using highlighters <3

    Thanks for sharing! :)

    Lipstick and Mocha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm with you, girl! Thank you so much for reading and commenting, Carla! It means so much to me. x

      Delete
  8. Great list, reminds me I really need to get some more post-it now xx

    Sophie | Sophie's Spot

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sophie! I really appreciate it! xx

      Delete
  9. Hello! I love your blog so much; you have a really beautiful design! I have just bought my new stationary for the next year - I'm about to do my GCSE exams so I am fully prepared! I have followed your blog because I think it’s so good!!! I would love it if you had a look at my blog; I’m a very passionate blogger but I’m quite new and really need the support! Perhaps we could become friends? Thank you so much, Jeani xxx www.jeanithoughts.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good luck!! Of course, I would love to become friends. I always love making blogging friends. Thank you so much for your sweet comment. I really appreciate it. Stay in touch! X

      Delete