The Ultimate Senior Year Post

Hi everyone!

Welcome back to my blog! Within the last couple of weeks I've talked about: my school essentials, everyday makeup look, and fashion staples

This week I'm going to share what classes I'm taking, followed by advice from my favorite bloggers, and lastly my goals for the upcoming school year. 




Classes



1- AP Statistics

I was torn between AP Calculous and AP Statistics- not really. I don't want anything to do with calculous. Pre-Calc was torture enough. Besides, statistics would be much more beneficial towards my major. 

2- Journalism

Though I have chosen a career path in psychology, I am still extremely passionate about journalism. I express that through my blog.

3- Study Hall

I have a study hall third period. I plan to use this to my advantage. During this time I'll be writing for my school newspaper, tutoring Spanish, and balancing my AP work.

4- Concurrent Enrollment Spanish IV 

I love Spanish! It's one of my favorite classes, if not my favorite. I love the idea of learning a new language. I take language very seriously.

5- Concurrent Enrollment Composition I and Tech Writing

I love taking dual enrollment courses. Dual enrollment courses allow you to receive community college credit and high school credit at the same time. Because of the amount of dual enrollment classes and summer classes I take, I am almost done my associate degree. Plus, I love writing, so why not work a little harder in an English class?

7- AP Economics

I'm really excited for this class, to be honest. I chose this because my school only offers AP Economics or Academic/Honors Government. Economics, to me, sounds like a great "just in case" class. You never know when you might need a business degree.

8 & 9- Anatomy and Physiology

I may be writing obsessed, but I'm certainly not that way about science. Instead of taking physics, I decided to take anatomy and physiology. My science teacher last year suggested this because it would help me once I got to greater depths of psychology. I figured, why not?


Advice


Without having a blog, I don't think I would have been able to meet such incredible people. The following bloggers have made such an impact in my life.


Here is some advice from my favorite bloggers:

"As soon as you get your syllabus from each class, write down any important dates, even though they could change. It's easy to forget to look back at your syllabus if you leave something out so make sure you know everything is in your planner and you'll only have to look in one place for every class. Keeping an updated planner saves you a lot of time and effort throughout the semester!" -Madison

"Find time for you, school is hectic and stressful so finding time for you is important. This can range from watching that new episode of your favourite TV show on Netflix to going on for a little of retail therapy. Find hobbies and things that you enjoy. If you don't know what you're good at, try different hobbies, read a book, go for a cycle, sing along to your favorite songs, make a YouTube video (so what if you don'd actually upload it), join a club, try a new instrument, bake a cake, the list is endless. Find something you enjoy and do it!" -Ró 

"Well I'm not really good at highschool but I would say to not compromise your identity or personality to fit in.  I did that for 2 years and it didn't help. In fact It made me seem kind of desperate. I did my own thing last year and I made a really cool friend who had the same values as me. We both put school first and we are focus on school instead of boys and we listen to each other and I mean really listen to each other. She is just genuine. So yeah being unique might not be appealing to society or your cliques in high school but they sure will land you lifelong friends. Be you, be as weird as you want and just try to take pride in yourself." -Ayele

"While school can be stressful, it is crucial to get involved. Many schools have groups you can join, such as community service or art clubs. There is likely to be an activity for everyone, but if there isn't, or if you have a great idea, start your own! Whether you join Student Council or write for your school's newspaper, finding a group of people who share your mindset is important. Getting involved will help you explore your passions, make new friends, and stand out to colleges. As you go back to school, make a conscious effort to branch out, whether that be through auditioning for a play or taking up a sport. Take charge of your life and make it matter. Best wishes for a successful school year!" -Sanjana


Goals


I love setting goals! They are extremely important. Each and everyday I construct a to do list. It is my personal goal to achieve all of the ideas on that to to list. This year, I really want to find the motivation to complete each and everything I want to. 

Be Confident

I definitely struggle with my insecurities. For example, I really struggle with acne. Nearly 85% of people between the ages of 12 to 24 develop acne, but that doesn't stop me from feeling insecure. This year, I'm going to be confident in my skin. 

Stay Organized

Last year, around March I could definitely feel myself getting lazy with my assignments. This year, I'm going to stay organized and pull through until graduation.

Apply To College

I am planning on applying to three local colleges and universities. I don't have my heart set on a college, but I definitely have my eye on one. 

Kill It

Personally, I feel like this goal needs no further explanation. I am simply going to kill it this year. Cheers to a rockin' school year!


That concludes my "Ultimate Senior Year Post". Thank you so much for reading! Comment below what some of your goals are for the upcoming school year.

SaveSave

18 comments:

  1. Nice post! I wish you good luck this year in school. You have such interesting subjects like Journalism or Anatomy, I wish I could do Journalism in my school.
    Róisín
    totallyro.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is the first year journalism is being offered at my school. I'm looking forward to it. Thanks for reading and commenting! It means the world. x

      Delete
  2. You are going to do great my friend!! Looks like senior year will be much enjoyed and los of fun. College applications are a little painful but you'll do great. Keep an eye out for those scholarships in March

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Vanessa! I will most definitely keep my eye out for scholarships. I wish you the best of luck this year! Looking forward to reading your blog posts this school year. Thanks for reading and commenting. I really appreciate it!

      Delete
  3. Aww girl you absolutely killed it with this post just like you are going to do in school, life and anything else you set your mind to. I loved reading the other girls advice and I agree and definitely going to try some of the things they suggested like joining clubs and getting involve. Same as keeping up to date with my syllabus.
    ps. I took a study haul last year and I had the best intentions for it but lazy ol' me just stalked through blogs all period long. I hope you will do better than me. Focus on your goals and you will reach them. Good luck in everything you do. I am so glad to have met you! you are such a lovely soul and everything will look up this year.
    Wishing you all the best and sending you loads of love for the new school year!
    your friend,
    Ayele.
    asenseofhomeblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ayele, you are so sweet! This comment made my day. I really appreciate you taking the time to read this blog post and comment on it. I wish you the best of luck with the upcoming school year. Definitely get involved! Checkout your school's newspaper. Your writing is incredible. Your talent could definitely be used. Thanks again for reading and commenting. It means the absolute world to me. xx

      Delete
  4. Senior Buddies!! :D Thanks so much for doing a post like this! Very inspirational! I know it'll definitely come in handy for me. And are you considering doing/all ready started on a Senior Year Bucketlist? I'm doing one and you've done one, I'd love to see what you put on it! :)

    darlinginspirations.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, girl! That's a great idea- I would love to do a senior bucket list. Maybe I'll post that on my second blog. Thanks for reading and commenting! I really appreciate it.

      Delete
  5. Loved this post! The subjects in your school are so cool - we don't have anything like that at my school!
    What do you want to be when you leave school? I'd love to be a primary school teacher!

    Robyn x
    www.0hsodaisy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Robyn! I would love to be a psychologist and eventually a psychiatrist. I would also love to throw being a journalist in there too! That's what I wanted to be ever since I was in elementary school. Thanks for reading and commenting!

      Delete
  6. I'll be going to UK for my first year of uni, and I'm terrified to be honest! I do remember studying a lot during my Personal Studies (Study Hall) just to balance everything. SO helpful! <3

    xx BASH |   go say   H E Y   B A S H

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish you the best of luck! You'll do wonderful! Thanks for reading and commenting. It means a lot to me.

      Delete
  7. I really enjoyed this post! I will definitely take some of the tips into consideration this year, especially your goal to be confident. I struggle with acne as well so I can definitely relate. I hope you have a great senior year! ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Maddie! I really appreciate you taking the time to read and comment on this post. It means so much. Best wishes this school year. xx

      Delete
  8. I have said this before, but you inspire me so much. You push yourself to achieve goals and stay organized. I hope you have the best year, and get into a great college.

    Christina/ thisfashiongirl.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is so surreal to me when someone says I inspire them. That's incredible. Thank you so much for all of your support, Christina. I wouldn't be here if it wasn't for you. Thanks for reading and commenting. Wishing you the best of luck this school year!

      Delete
  9. ahhh this post is so helpful! I wish you all the luck in the world and I can't wait to hear how it goes!
    Xx Sofia
    www.lifefromsofia.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you found this post helpful, Sofia! Thank you so much for reading and commenting. Best wishes to you this school year as well. xx

      Delete