My HOCO Makeup + Tips

Hi everyone!

Welcome back to my blog! My school's homecoming dance is this Friday. Therefore, I decided to show you what makeup I'll be wearing. You can checkout my second blog this weekend for some fun pictures.




Use a cancelling primer.

After prepping my skin with moisturizer, I like to dive right into primer. A primer that eliminates redness and other concerns is your best friend on the night of homecoming. My personal favorite is Superprimer Face Primer in Colour Corrects Redness from Clinique. The lightweight, oil-free formula creates an ideal makeup canvas.


Use a matte foundation.

A matte foundation is essential come picture time. You're going to want a foundation that doesn't have a ton of reflective particles or a high oil content. If you wear a foundation that does contain one of those ingredients, you might end up with a "ghost" effect from the camera flash bouncing off your makeup.


Use a concealer to outline your lips.

I just use my everyday concealer and make little dots around my lips. By doing this, I am preventing my lipstick from bleeding.


Use a powder based blush. Oh, and make it something natural.

Chances are you are playing up your eyes, with that being said, go natural on the blusher and bronzer duo. 


When applying highlighter, don't forget about your collar bones.

If you are wearing a strapless dress, or a dress that is revealing your collar bone, dust your highlighter  over them. It doesn't make you look skinnier by any means, but it does make you look "lifted". Though this isn't a technique you'll use everyday, it's one you may like to use for a special occasion, like a school dance or wedding. 


Use a white eyeliner on the base of your eyelid in order to make shadows pop.

I've never tried this technique until this past weekend. I used a white eyeliner from Ulta Beauty as a base. Then, I applied my favorite smokey eyeshadows; my eyeshadow truly popped! 


Use a setting spray.

If you choose to disregard everything I previously stated, no big deal. This tip is going to save you in the end though. Gravitate towards Urban Decay's All Nighter Long-Lasting Makeup Setting Spray. According to the Urban Decay website, "All Nighter keeps your makeup looking gorgeously just-applied for up to 16 hours – without melting, cracking, fading or settling into fine lines." I couldn't agree more. I like to go in with 4-6 sprays after applying my makeup in an "X" formation.


Use a matte top coat over your nails.

I love painting my nails, it makes my look appear so chic. Making my nails matte is definitely a style statement in itself. Because I like to go with the classic LBD, I like to spice up my look with burgundy matte nails. The look is priceless!


That concludes this blog post. The products I featured are the ones I am wearing to my homecoming dance, whereas the tips I provided are the ones I will be using on myself and my friends. I am super excited. My homecoming dance is this Saturday! When is yours?

Thanks for reading,




*My HOCO pictures will be on my second blog come October 16, 2016.

6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks, Alyson! Glad you found them helpful! Thanks for commenting.

      Delete
  2. AW IM TO OLD FOR HOCO. However my sister had hers and I helped.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your college doesn't host a homecoming? That stinks! Thanks for reading & commenting, Vanessa!

      Delete
  3. Loved this post, thanks for sharing! :)

    Would you like to support each other by following? Let me know, I always follow back <3

    Kisses

    ReplyDelete