My Go-To Spring Makeup Look

Hello everyone!

Welcome back to my blog! Today I'm talking about my favorite makeup products for the spring season.

I'm all about a healthy glow and natural finish:


Keep it light with a BB cream.

I've used a number of BB creams. However, my two favorites are the Face Defender BB Cream from Mally Beauty and Dream Fresh BB Cream from Maybelline New York. These products are light and airy; and therefore still allow your skin to breathe.

Conceal dark circles. (I've got two AP exams coming up in May, so all aboard the no sleep train!)

These days I'm not getting any sleep. Going to bed around 11:00-11:30 and waking up at 6:00, doesn't necessarily give me the flawless skin I crave. Therefore, I use the Instant Age Rewind Dark Circle Eraser from Maybelline New York. I also like to use a random powder to bake my under eyes. I've found that baking my under eyes really helps the everyday-glasses-wearer.



Conceal any blemishes.

I use the SkinClearing Blemish Concealer from Neutrogena. This is a holy grail product for me, as I've been using it since the 8th grade.

Curl eyelashes.

Curling my eyelashes is a really important step in my makeup routine. It makes me look more awake.

Tight line upper lash line.

Because I wear glasses, I want to ensure that my eyes don't hide behind them. Creating a thicker upper lash line helps create a balance behind my frames. My personal favorite eyeliner is the Highliner Gel Crayon from Marc Jacobs. (BTW: I just got a new pair of frames. They should be here by the end of the week; expect some Snapchat selfies!)



Apply a mascara that gives a natural finish.

I am definitely a mascara junkie. I love trying new mascaras. However, my current favorite is Lights, Camera, Lashes from Tarte Cosmetics. Not only is the mascara lengthening, curling, and volumizing, but it's conditioning. This mascara is infused with olive esters to condition, treat, and protect lashes. It feels incredible!

Apply a blush that gives a natural finish.

I adore the amazonian clay blushes from Tarte Cosmetics. I swirl it up to my temples for a natural finish.



Apply a highlighter. (It's the trend RN.)

I use Benefit's award winning High Beam Liquid Highlighter. I apply this to the highest points of my face including: the bridge of my nose, highest points of my cheeks, and cupid's bow.

Glide a lip balm/gloss over lips.

I switch up my lip balms and glosses all the time.


That concludes my spring makeup look. What are some of your favorites for the spring season? Comment below!

Thanks for reading,

11 comments:

  1. Lovely post! I love high beam! Good luck in your exams in May! :)
    Amy xx
    amyslifeblogs24.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is one of my favorite highlighters of all time. Thanks for reading and commenting, Amy! I really appreciate it. xx

      Delete
  2. I had no idea neutrogena did a concealer, I need to try it!
    Aleeha xXx
    http://www.halesaaw.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's my favorite! It treats your skin while concealing blemishes. I love it! Thanks for reading and commenting, Hale! x

      Delete
  3. This sounds like a wonderful look! I love using BB creams, especially in the spring ♥
    Amy xx

    Little Moon Dragon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! They're lightweight and airy-- perfect for spring. Thanks for reading & commenting, Amy! I really appreciate it. x

      Delete
  4. Lovely post! High beam looks like such a pretty highlighter. X

    Kate// itskaterose.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is gorgeous! Thanks for reading and commenting, Kate! x

      Delete
  5. I've been wanting to try High Beam for a while but haven't as it is a cream product and not a powder one. Your eyelash curlers are SO pretty! x Nikita

    BLOG//Jasmine Loves

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Nikita! I absolutely love the highlighter. Highly recommend it! Thanks for reading & commenting! x

      Delete
  6. Hey guys, get your ex back fast with the help of a real and genuine spell caster called Dr.Unity..
    I'm so excited my broken Marriage has been restored and my husband is back after a breakup, After 2 years of marriage, me and my husband has been into one quarrel or the other until he finally left me and moved to California to be with another woman. i felt my life was over and my kids thought they would never see their father again. i tried to be strong just for the kids but i could not control the pains that torments my heart, my heart was filled with sorrows and pains because i was really in love with my husband. Every day and night i think of him and always wish he would come back to me, I was really upset and i needed help, so i searched for help online and I came across a website that suggested that Dr Unity can help get ex back fast. So, I felt I should give him a try. I contacted him and he told me what to do and i did it then he did a (Love spell) for me. 28 hours later, my husband really called me and told me that he miss me and the kids so much, So Amazing!! So that was how he came back that same day,with lots of love and joy,and he apologized for his mistake,and for the pain he caused me and the kids. Then from that day,our Marriage was now stronger than how it were before,All thanks to Dr Unity. he is so powerful and i decided to share my story on the internet that Dr Unity real and powerful spell caster who i will always pray to live long to help his children in the time of trouble, if you are here and you need your Ex back or your husband moved to another woman, do not cry anymore, contact this powerful spell caster now. Here’s his contact: Email him at: Unityspelltemple@gmail.com ,
    you can also call him or add him on Whats-app: +2348071622464 ,
    his website:http://unityspelltemple.yolasite.com .
    Jessica, 26 years, Texas, USA.

    ReplyDelete