Get Ready With Me: Valentine's Day Date

I hope you all are enjoying your Valentine's Day. For the most part, I am. I don't have a fancy date or anything tonight, mostly because boys are a waste of time... who needs a boyfriend when you've got your girlfriends?

If I did have a date, this is what I would wear. So, for all of you ladies going on a date to celebrate your love for each other, here is a post for you. If you're going out with your girls, here is a post for you. If you just wanna get a little dressed up, this post is for you. Enjoy! x



Hair


If you follow me on Twitter, you may know that I recently got a haircut. I'm going to try to start taking really good care of my hair. After I got out of the shower, I applied a leave in conditioner towards the ends. I then let my hair air dry, but you can always use a blow dryer for time convenience. 

Once my hair dried, I applied a heat protector to my hair. Then I use my CHI straightener to straighten my hair.

I wanted to keep my hair off of my face, so I pulled back my bangs with a bobby pin.


Makeup


Moving on to my makeup... Today, the Valentine's Angel came to visit and dropped off a few goodies. He brought me some chocolate, as well as the Neutrogena Healthy Skin primer and the concealer. Because I have acne prone skin, I decided to start using Neutrogena products over other drugstore brands. 

I first applied the primer, followed by the shine control foundation. The concealer has a sponge applicator, which I've never come across before. I really like it. I was going for a flawless/matte finish, which I think I achieved well with these products. 

To seal everything in place, I used the shine control powder, again by Neutrogena. 


My apologies, I don't have the name of this trio from CoverGirl. I used the middle color for the apples of my cheeks. I like to swirl it up to my temples for a natural approach, so I used the lighter color to do so.



I wear glasses for the most part. so I like to make my eyes stand out behind my frames. To achieve a brightening eye, I applied the second color over my lid. The middle color into my crease. The fourth color to my outer corner. I then I used the lightest shade as a highlight into my inner corner and brow bone. Of course this was all over my Urban Decay eyeshadow primer.

As for the Almay concealer, I use this for under my eyes, since I have dark circles.


This is one of my favorite mascaras. It lengthens and volumes my lashes. It really helps my eyes stand out behind my frames. 


For my lips, it's important to me that I keep them soft (and kissable!) at all times. My favorite product for doing so is the Neosporin Overnight Lip Therapy. I usually apply this every morning and every night. To give my lips a hint of color and shine, I used a gloss balm from the CoverGirl Natureluxe Collection in the shade Hibiscus.  


To set my makeup, I used the Urban Decay Makeup Setting Spray (one of my favorites).


Outfit

Please excuse the baby doll; it's for a class project.

Dress: Kohl's
Jacket: Local
Boots: Country Outfitters

Nails


Mint Condition & Tickle Me


I really love these nails! They're super girly and wearable. They really work well together and the colors most definitely compliment each other. 


Thanks for reading. I really appreciate it. I hope you enjoyed the Get Ready With Me: Valentine's Day Date post. 

Guilianna x

10 comments:

  1. I love this so much! Your blog posts are really fun and interesting and you're so so beautiful! I love your blog:-) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Aww, you're so sweet. I really appreciate you saying that; it means a lot. I love yours as well! I'm so glad we got to do that collaboration together. Hopefully we can do some more in the future. :) xx

      Delete
  2. You're so pretty Alex and I love your outfit too :D xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Grace! I really appreciate it; it means a lot. I hope you had a lovely Valentine's Day. :) xx

      Delete
  3. Loves your look, especially the outfit, You look gorgeous hun, :) xx

    www.minniemichelle.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a great post! I love that eyeshadow palette! :D

    http://risingsun-fashionbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes, it's my go to palette. I wear shadows from it everyday! xx :)

      Delete
  5. Great post! Cute outfit + I love your nails!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I really appreciate it! Valentine's Day is such an adorable holiday! Thanks again! xx

      Delete