Transition Outfits: Summer To Fall

Hello xx

So, up North it's getting a little chilly. Who's with me? I can't wear shorts and a t-shirt, because it's much too cold. I can't wear a winter jacket just yet, because it's much to warm for that. Here are some ideas if you're stuck in a pickle just like me:

Light weight pieces and layering is key.


A light weight shirt paired with thigh high socks is chic and warm. Checkout TopShop or Target for a nice selection. I'd recommend purchasing a cream pair to get more use out of them. To make the outfit more school appropriate, pair these with a circle skirt and oxfords. Super cute!



Maxi skirts are a great alternative to keeping your legs warm during those chilly mornings. You can also add a denim jacket or cardigan if it's a bit colder where you live. I love this piece for transitioning into the fall. So versatile!


Pair your favorite summer dress with leggings and leather! It adds a desired amount of edge to your outfit and keeps you warm as we get closer to fall. I'd recommend pairing lace and leather together for good measure. If you're not into leather no worries, just add a simple cardigan. (I personally love this look too- sooo tumblr.)

Not in the mood to get all dressed up? Feel like having a lazy day? I got you covered. A flannel will be your best friend. Try places like American Eagle Outfitters and Forever21 for a great selection of flannels. Throw your hair in a messy bun, apply some eyeliner, and you're good to go! If it gets too hot, just tie it around your waist for a vintage look. One of my best friends' do this and she looks incredible! So simple, yet so chic! My collection of flannels is a little low, I'm going to have to take care of that. 


Looking for other ways to spice up your outfits while transitioning to fall? Try these hair, makeup, and accessory tips:

-the doughnut bun w/ a bun tie

-light weight scarves

-sheer mauve lips

-small gold hoops (use as accent color) 


That concludes today's post. I hope you enjoyed it. Thanks for reading,

Guilianna xx

4 comments:

  1. YES! I always have trouble trying to match my winter clothing with my summer clothing, so I'm loving your outfits. The first one is looking fabulous, but I especially love the summer dress and leggings idea. Thanks so much for this fashion advice!

    -M
    The Life of Little Me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure, of course! Same here. The struggle is real, hahaha! Thank you so much for reading and commenting. I really appreciate it. Love your junk food challenge post. xx

      Delete
  2. Layering is definitely key! thanks for sharing Guilianna keep up the amazing work!

    Jennos Health.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, definitely! Thank you so much for reading and commenting. It means a lot to me. Continue to shine strong! x

      Delete