Life Hacks For School

Hi everyone!

Welcome back to my blog! Though we are already a month into the school year, I thought I would still share some life hacks for school. You never know when these tips might come in handy!



Make a playlist exactly as long as you have to get ready.

I made my playlist 35 minutes long. I wake up at 6:00 a.m. and I am out the door by 6:40. Therefore, I have 5 minutes to spare for breakfast. Some songs I have on my playlist include Boys by Savannah Outen and Into You by Ariana Grande, though it's always changing. These songs are upbeat, therefore get me moving in the shower.

Here's my current playlist: http://bit.ly/2bGYgIk


Pick out your outfit the night before.

I started doing this during my freshman year of high school. It made my life a million times easier.

You've probably heard of this little hack already: while online, I came across the use of soda tabs to save space in your closet. You can also make outfits with them. I've been testing this out since the beginning of the school year. Works like a charm!


When it comes test time suck on a mint or two.

My Spanish teacher last year encouraged us to do this. She said, "mint stimulates the brain." I had no idea! Now, whenever I take a test I gravitate towards my Icebreakers.


Writing something out is equivalent to reading it 7 times.

Chances are you already know this, but I recommend making flashcards. Making flashcards is one of my favorite ways to study, especially for AP Economics and CE Spanish IV. I use colorful markers in order to make the process fun.


Write in blue ink.

I don't know how you feel about taking notes in pen, but I love it. I hardly ever use a pencil! I used to take my core notes in black, until I learned writing in blue ink encourages the memory. Now, I write my notes in blue ink, using red and purple ink to draw attention to extremely important ideas.


Have a table of contents.

Skip the first page or two of your notebook. Then, go back throughout the year and add a table of context for your notes.

I love this tip! I've used it in the past, and it made such a difference come mid-terms and finals.


Remember to use your planner.

Your planner in honestly your best friend in high school and college. Write down assignments as you get them.

A few years ago, I forgot to write down a biology assignment. I had no other option but to try to complete it during homeroom. Not my best work, but I still completed it. If you're not about utilizing a planner, use the app MinimaList. It's a lifesaver! I use it every morning to plan daily to-dos.


That concludes my life hacks for school. These are ones that I use on a daily basis. I find that they worked wonders for me in terms of time management and productivity.

Thanks for reading,

SaveSave

8 comments:

  1. These tips are AMAZING!!! You really did your research! I always make various uplifting playlists for getting ready in the morning and I will definitely try taking my notes in blue ink!

    XO Alyson | My Life as Alyson

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely try to prepare as much as I can for these posts. Thanks for reading and commenting, Alyson! xx

      Delete
  2. Most helpful tips ever. Like these need to be shared with everyone. I love the tip about the mints because I like them more than gum

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really glad you found this post helpful, Vanessa! Thank you so much for taking the time to read and comment on this post. It means a lot.

      Delete
  3. These hacks are so helpful, thanks for sharing!

    astadek.blogspot.com
    Asta,xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you liked them, Asta! Thanks so much for reading and commenting! x

      Delete
  4. These are all great tips! I find that planning my outfits the night before really help ♥
    Amy xx

    Little Moon Dragon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you found these tips helpful, Amy! Thanks for reading & commenting! x

      Delete