My Blogging Process

Hi everyone!

Welcome back to my blog! Today's post is dedicated to all of my fellow bloggers. I wanted to share with y'all what a day of blogging looks like. I went through each step and described it for you; from sitting down into my office chair to powering down my laptop.



Crank the tunes.

I'll be honest; I can't function without music. I start off by logging into my Spotify account. As of lately, I've been listening to Charli XCX.


Make a to do list.


I live by lists. It usually looks something like that:

  • Outline/Draft: January 9, 2017
  • Outline/Draft: January 12, 2017
  • Edit
  • Take photos
  • Edit photos
  • Schedule social media
  • Update: About Me page


Check social media.

I'm not very good at posting on my social media. I post on Twitter and Snapchat fairly often, but rarely ever Instagram. I'm going to try to post on there a little bit more this year. Make sure to stay tuned for some live videos.


Draft blog posts.


I just go to town. Forget the spelling errors and the comma splices! Just go to town! That's what editing is for.


Edit blog posts.


I like to go through blog posts 2-3 times. Unfortunately, I still miss errors all the time! I'm sure there's at least 3 errors in this blog post. Life happens and that's okay.


Take pictures.


Taking pictures is my least favorite part of the process. Maybe that's because I'm not as creative as I would like to be. I usually set up an off white blanket in front of a window and begin creating some sort of flat lay mess. Sometimes it looks cute... other times not so much. Bear with me.


Edit pictures.


Again, editing pictures is something I find pretty difficult. I can never make them look as white as I'd like to, or as sharp. If you have any tips, please leave them in the comments below.


Upload pictures.



Add extras!

Extras include links, sources, etc.


Schedule blog post.



Repeat.

I repeat this process until I'm done for the day. I can usually carve out 2-3 blog posts when I do this process. I dedicate a whole snow day or Sunday to this. It helps me stay on top of my blogging game.


That just about wraps up this blog post. I do take my blog very seriously. I like to treat it as an actual job-- that I love. Comment below telling me how you go about your own blogging process.


Thanks for reading,


14 comments:

  1. I really like the idea of pre-writing everything. Usually I will leave everything to the last minute which is so bad xx
    blossomofhope.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love pre-writing in bulk. It helps me get a lot more accomplished. Thanks for reading & commenting, Laura. I really appreciate it. x

      Delete
  2. I try to pre-write blog posts but I always fail at it!
    Emily
    www.floraalemily.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, no! That's okay, though. Thanks for reading & commenting, Emily!

      Delete
  3. You are so organized I admire it! This was a great read & informative :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much-- I try! Thanks for reading and commenting, Nikki! x

      Delete
  4. My link was entered wrong! LOL it is:

    www.herdaringthoughts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No worries! I'll be sure to checkout your blog. x

      Delete
  5. You are amazing for staying so neat with the ways you post on your blog! I am all over the place with posting editing photos and ect.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Vanessa! I appreciate you taking the time to read and comment on this blog post.

      Delete
  6. You're so organized! I hope to be more organized and plan more this year xx Great post

    Nikita
    jasminelovesblog.blogspot.be

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I try! It makes blogging 100x easier. Thanks for reading and commenting, Nikita! x

      Delete
  7. Nice post! I used to hate taking photos for my blog posts, especially editing them but now I kinda have fallen in love with it and I enjoy it so much.
    Róisín
    totallyro.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's great! I'm so happy you enjoy taking photos- I wish I had that kind of love. Thanks for reading & commenting!

      Delete

AddToAny