My College Essentials

Welcome back to my blog, everyone!

Today, I have a supper exciting post for y'all: My College Essentials. I've been doing quite a bit of shopping for my dorm room these past couple of months. Next week, I'll give you an in-depth haul, but for now, I'm just going to go over my essentials.

White Bedding

I decided to go with white bedding so it would go with everything. My bedding is actually white/gray from Tommy Hilfiger. I really like it! (Will be shown in my dorm haul.)

Fun Decorative Pillows

Decorative pillows are a must for me. I decided to go with a hot pink and navy color scheme. I received pillows from Gracie Mae Gifts and Pillow Therapy. Both of these pillows are adorable!



Dorm Decor

It's important to me that I make the room a cozy place I'll want to come back to. Here are some ideas:

-Wooden monogram from Gracie Mae Gifts
-Fabric garland from One Lucky Ladybug
-Cork boards
-Magnetic board from Remory Designs
-Picture frames
-Cute canvas prints from Kate Stefani's Canvases












Shower Caddy

I am absolutely in love with my shower caddy. It's from Gracie Mae Gifts. I'm going to be sharing a community bathroom with approximately 20 other girls. I definitely need a caddy to keep all of my shower essentials together.



Key Fob

I am going to be responsible for my ID and my dorm room key. A key fob is an essential to stay organized. This one is from One Lucky Ladybug. You can get your initials on it, or your full name like I did. You can use the code LUCKY for 10% off.


Monogrammed Stickers

This may not be on everyone's college essentials list, but it is definitely on mine. When you're living on campus, things can get jumbled up. I like to put monogram stickers on important things, such as my laptop and planner. You can purchase monogrammed stickers from Desert & Co. or Gracie Mae Gifts.



FitBit

In a previous post, I mentioned that I bought myself a little graduation gift: a Fitbit! It's official, I have a fear of the freshman fifteen. I thought if I bought myself a FitBit Charge 2 it would help me stay on top of my health.

Planner

In high school, I don't where I would have been without my planner. I used my agenda to organize blog collaborations, homework, projects, date nights, etc. I recently purchased mine while I was in Walt Disney World.



Super, Duper Cute Stationary

If you couldn't tell, I love all things bright and monogrammed. I received this folder and notebook set from Paper K Studios. I love the bright chevron print with the gold sparkly accent color. It's me-- in school supplies! I'm looking forward to using this duo for my honors classes this fall. I believe I'm taking two honors classes. Wish me luck!

Paper K Studios also has a ton of other prints, along with supplies: dry erase boards, notepads, etc. Go check them out!





TIPS FOR SHOPPING

-Don't buy in bulk. Do a little bit at a time. 
-Sign up for Bed Bath & Beyond-- 20% off coupon.
-Buy from small businesses. (They're cheaper, not to mention cuter!)
-Communicate with your roommate. You don't need duplicates!

If you're headed to college, I wish you the best of luck. Remember, we're all in this together!

SaveSave

4 comments:

  1. All of this decor is so cute! You must be so busy and excited preparing for college. All the best! xx Nikita

    BLOG//Jasmine Loves

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am definitely looking forward to it! Thanks for reading & commenting, Nikita! x

      Delete
  2. Loved this post! That planner looks so pretty!
    Amy xx
    Amy's Life

    ReplyDelete

AddToAny