10 Beauty Hacks To Help You Survive Summer

Welcome back to my blog, everyone!

Last summer, I posted some of my favorite Pinterest Hacks. Because I received a ton of great feedback, I thought I would share some of my favorite beauty hacks for summer.


1. Put your moisturizer in the fridge.

If you're going on a tropical vacation, I definitely recommend this: Put your moisturizer the fridge. Then, after a long day of being in the sun, apply the chilled product to your face. It leaves your skin feeling nice and cool.

2. After shaving, shave again with olive oil. (I swear by this!)

I actually shared this hack in a previous post. After shaving your legs with your favorite shaving cream, later up with olive oil and shave again. The olive oil will remove any missed hairs as well as any dead skin cells. Your legs will feel super smooth for days.

3. Apply deodorant to the back of your neck. (And, inner thighs!)

I like to use a dry degree stick on the back of my neck and inner thighs. This helps reduce any sweat.

4. Mix coconut oil and baking soda together to lighten underarms. 

#ItWorks

5. Mix cocoa powder and white lotion for a sunless tanning recipe.

You can play around with the mixture to make it less pigmented.

6. 10-15 minutes of jump rope can burn over 200 calories.

Bikini body here I come!

7. Baking soda and water will remove self-tanner mistakes.

I've had my fair share of self-tanner mistakes and a baking soda paste has fixed them all.

8. Place pantyliners in shirts to hide sweat stains.

I can't take credit for this one; I found it on Pinterest. Put panty liners in the armpit areas on shirts. This will absorb all of the sweat to avoid sweat stains. Use this for your favorite silk shirts.


9. Apply a mixture of coconut oil, lemon juice, water, and salt before going to the beach or pool.

Leave this mixture in your hair to lighten it over time.

10. Aspirin contains salicylic acid that helps exfoliate and smooth bikini bumps quickly. Mix the crushed pills with honey and water to get rid of ingrown hairs and redness.

Read all about it HERE.


11. Get the dewy look by just adding a bit of highlighter to your foundation.

I added an extra dab of highlighter to my foundation-- and got fantastic results. It leaves your skin with an inner glow look.



That concludes my hacks to get you through the long summer. What are some of your favorite summer hacks? Comment below!

Thanks for reading!


14 comments:

  1. Omg, these hacks are awesome! I'm definitely trying the moisturizer in the fridge trick! Thanks for sharing :)

    xo, Allie

    www.champagne-tuesdays.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did that while I was in Florida. So refreshing! Thanks for reading & commenting, Allie!

      Delete
  2. Really helpful!

    Mihaailo| mihaailo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you enjoyed! Thanks for reading and commenting!

      Delete
  3. I like adding a bit of highlighter to a BB cream to give a very natural look for the everyday. I'm a pinterest addict so I recognize a few of these but thanks for sharing them! x Nikita

    BLOG//Jasmine Loves

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pinterest is my happy place! Thanks for reading & commenting, Nikita! I really appreciate it.

      Delete
  4. These are great hacks, especially about the deodorant on the back of the neck,brilliant

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice post! I will definitely try out some of these hacks in the future. Instead of using olive oil to shave I use coconut oil and my legs always feel amazing afterwards and also smell like coconuts, it's a win win I suppose.
    Róisín
    totallyro.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll definitely have to try that out! I'be never used coconut oil before-- but I love the smell of coconuts. Thanks for reading & commenting, Ró!

      Delete
  6. I'll have to try olive oil when shaving next time!
    Alinta x
    polishandpaws.com.au

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely, Alinta! Thanks for reading & commenting!

      Delete
  7. Great summer beauty hacks and tips! Similar to your moisturiser hack I place my face masks in the fridge in summer before I apply them. I also keep my facial spray in the fridge.

    Ingrid
    http://www.fabulousandfunlife.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Face masks? Why didn't I think of that? Great ideas! Thanks for reading & commenting, Ingrid!

      Delete