Get Ready With Me: Summer BBQ

Good morning, everyone!

On Friday, I went to Cabrini University's Summer BBQ. I thought it would be fun to show you my hair, makeup, and outfit. Let's get started!

Hair

Lately, I've been using this new shampoo and conditioner I received from Revucell Organics. After the first wash, I've noted a transformation in my hair. My hair was so soft and shiny. There was even some volume around my roots-- which I struggle a lot with during the summer months.



When stepping out of the shower, I graduated to some brushes I received from Brushopolis. The Monroe Prepping Paddle is essential to your haircare routine. I love how it's delicate enough to use on my wet hair, yet it still gets those stubborn tangles out.

Next, I like to use the Monroe Etiquette Hourglass Round Styling + Finishing Brush. I like this brush because it's get the job done in a timely manner. It's also lightweight, so it doesn't make my arm tired like other round brushes. It also adds a bit of shine on the ends of my hair-- which I really like!

Lastly, I use the Classic Teasdale Brush. This brush is perfect for taming fly aways or touching up the ends of my hair.





This haircare routine is definitely a bit extensive, but it keeps me looking my best. My hair has never looked as healthy or shiny as it does now.

Skincare

Usually my skincare routine is twice as long as my haircare routine, but on this particular day, I kept it very simple. I started off cleansing my face with a gentle facial wash. Next, I went in with a gentle exfoliator from Rodan + Fields. Lastly, I followed up with my favorite hydrating mist from Tarte Cosmetics. This is the perfect product to use before applying moisturizer and makeup. Today, I used a moisturizer with SPF in it because I knew I would be outside for quite some time.

Makeup

Finally-- the exciting part of this blog post!


Outfit

I decided to keep my outfit preppy, yet simple. Navy is one of my school colors (and favorite colors!) so I thought why not?

T-Shirt: Sperry Topsider
Shorts: Sperry Topside
Flip Flops: J+S Brooklyn Sandals
Earrings: Kohls
Watch: FitBit
Sunnies: Ray Bans
Purse: Dooney and Bourke


I had so much fun at CU's BBQ! Followed by opening remarks, there was a field day for the Class of 2021. We played games and did a scavenger hunt. I had so much fun taking selfies with Mother Cabrini and my new friends! I also had the chance to meet my roommate. How exciting!


4 comments:

  1. Never heard of that brand of shampoo and conditioner before. I'll need to look it up.

    Jennifer
    Effortlessly Sophisticated

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely! My hair looked so soft and shiny afterwards. Thanks for reading & commenting, Jennifer!

      Delete
  2. OOOO I came on here and saw it's a little different! I like it! Summer BBQs Are fun as heck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm still playing around with the layout. Aren't BBQs the best? Thanks for reading & commenting!

      Delete

AddToAny