All About Prom + Vlog

Welcome back to my blog, everyone!

On May 19, 2017 I attended my very own senior prom. It was most definitely a night to remember-- and it's all thanks to my mom. She was beyond incredible throughout the entire experience. From buying my dress, to getting my nails done, to getting food for 30+ people, to ensuring we got to pictures on time, to cheering me on at promenade... my mother made it all. I couldn't be more thankful for what she did for me that night and every other day.

With all of that being said, I wanted to show you all my dress, makeup, and nails, along with some other fun pictures the photographer took.


The Dress

I fell in love with my dress instantly. I found it at Macy's early on in the school year. At first, I was extremely embarrassed that I got my prom dress for $20 on the sales rack. Other girls were paying hundreds of dollars for their dress, on top of hair, makeup, and nails. Oh, and transportation! I could never see paying that much for a dress that I am only going to wear once.

My Nails

I went to the same nail salon I always go to because the service is incredible. However, this time the service was not up to par. I was not thrilled with my service. I got a pedicure and a gel manicure (both pink).

My Makeup

Because I've been playing with makeup since the eighth grade and binge watching beauty gurus on YouTube, I thought I would do my own makeup. I purchased some things from Sephora and Ulta a few days before the prom: Peter Thomas Roth cleanser, Laura Mercier powder, Tarte highlighter, a random moisturizer, Benefit's POREfessional primer, and Too Faced's Born This Way foundation and concealer.

I absolutely love the way my makeup turned out.


My Hair

I was planning on doing a sophisticated, pulled back updo, however my hair is way too think to keep anything together. I wound up just straightening my hair and loving it. I'm pretty sure I was the only girl that had her hair like that. However, once we got to the picture taking scene, my hair began to do whatever it wanted.

Pictures

We took pictures at a local park. It has a beautiful lake with a bridge and stone siding. We took several pictures. Amy, if you happen to be reading this, thank you very much. I know it was chaotic and extremely hot. I couldn't be more thrilled with the way the pictures turned out.


Party Bus

Because of the amount of people, we decided to go with a party bus. It was very nice! We played loud music and sang every word of every song.

Prom!

Prom was so much fun! As far as food goes, they had a variety of pastas. They also had a salad bar.

Post Prom

Post Prom was so much fun. They had a bunch of games, including a blow up obstacle course, blow up Twister, and a pop up laser tag tent. My friends and I had a blast. Oh, and they had a ton of food! I'm pretty sure I gained a couple pounds.




Thanks for reading,

2 comments:

  1. Nice post! It looks like you had a lovely prom, you look so pretty in the pictures and I love your dress.
    Róisín
    totallyro.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thanks Róisín! I appreciate you taking the time to read and comment on this blog post. x

      Delete