Skin Prep + Makeup | Graduation 2017

Welcome back to my blog, everyone!

This morning, I'm sharing my graduation makeup with y'all. So, I'm definitely kind of upset with the way my graduation turned out. I was supposed to graduate on June 6, 2017. Instead, mother nature decided to rain on our parade, therefore postponing it until June 8, 2017. I was devastated because my godfather flew out from Florida to see me graduate.

Not to mention, I didn't have the time to film this makeup look like I had wanted to. I signed up for Cabrini University's Summer Orientation on June 8, 2017, because I'm going on vacation the other two days they were holding it. Needless to say, it was a jam packed day full of a lot of emotions.


Night Before Skincare Prep

Peter Thomas Roth Cucumber Detox Foaming Cleanser Cleanser // $35

I like to start off with fresh skin. I am applying two pumps of the Peter Thomas Roth Cucumber Detox Foaming Cleanser onto my skin. I absolutely adore the smell of this cleanser. Ever since I started using this cleanser, my skin hasn't been clearer.


The Laughing Tree Organics Walnut and Almond Oil Facial and Body Scrub // $19

I absolutely love exfoliating my skin. This exfoliator is my new go to, as it cleanses and nourishes my skin. However, it doesn't strip my skin of it's natural oils. After using this product for a period of time, I've noted a difference in the radiance of my skin.

Aloe Vera Nose Pore Strips // $1.50

I definitely suffer from blackheads on and around my nose area. First, I applied an extremely hot towel onto my nose. This helped open up my pores. Then, I exfoliated this area with a homemade baking soda paste. After rinsing, I applied this nose pore strip I picked up from Primark.

7th Heaven Peel Off Tea Tree Mask // $1.99

I first tried these masks back in January. Ever since, every time I'm in Walmart or Ulta I pick up a few. Right before my period, I tend to breakout quite a bit. This peel off mask keeps my skin under control. I used this mask to rid hormonal acne from my chin, while purging my pores.

REN Skincare Evercalm Global Protection Day Cream // $45

I really like this moisturizer because is cancels out redness. The day of graduation, I had a bit of acne on my chin and jaw line. Using this moisturizer was a great first step at concealing my blemishes.


Face Makeup

POREfessional Primer from Benefit // $31

This is my favorite primer of all time. It not only minimizes my pores, but ensures my makeup lasts all day. This was important to me since I was on a football field for three hours.

Too Faced Born This Way Foundation // $39

I also wore this foundation to prom and other special events. This foundation is incredible. It's medium to full coverage, yet lightweight.

Too Faced Born This Way Concealer // $28

I also love this concealer. I like to use it for the bags under my eyes and any acne I had going on. This was mainly around my chin area.


Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Powder // $38

I'm still testing this powder out, but as of now I'm liking it.

Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Blush in Unstoppable // $29

Again, my goal was for my makeup to last-- especially with the heat. This blush lasted all night.

Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Highlighter in Exposed // $29

Same goes for the highlighter. (Definitely recommend this highlighter if you want to get your glow on.)

Eyebrows

Maybelline Eyestudio Brow Define + Fill Duo // $7.99

This is pretty self-explanatory. I just added a little bit of product to my brows. They're a little sparse in some areas.

Eyes

Too Faced Shadow Insurance Eyeshadow Primer // $20


I've been using this eyeshadow quite a bit. It works pretty well for me.

Urban Decay Eyeshadow in Midnight Cowboy // $19

This is probably my favorite eyeshadow of all time. It's the perfect mix between natural and glam.



Stila Trust In Love Giftable Set // Not Available

Unfortunately, this gift set is no longer available. However, I'm sure you can find similar shades. I went in with different browns to darken up my crease and outer V. I also used a snow white color to highlight my brow bone.



Marc Jacobs Matte Highliner Eye Pencil // $25

I tightlined my upperlash line with this eyeliner. I know it's definitely on the pricier side, but you pay for what you get. This eyeliner glides right on.

Urban Decay Perversion Mascara // $22

This mascara was at the top, so I went for it! Pretty easy explanation.


Lips

Laughing Tree Organics Lip Balm // $3

This lip balm contains SPF which I greatly appreciate. I glided this onto my lips to prep my lips lip gloss.

Bare Minerals Moxie Lip Plumping Gloss // $18

I applied the lip gloss only to the center of my lips. This gives the illusion of fuller lips. (I also love these glosses! They're long lasting and not sticky!)

Makeup Setting Spray

Urban Decay All Nighter Long Lasting Makeup Setting Spray // $31

I've probably gone through about six bottles of this product. It's a make it or break it for your makeup. Between the heat and the length of time I was going to be needing to rock my makeup, I gravitated towards this product. It sealed the deal.


That concludes my blog post on my skin prep and makeup for graduation. I am most definitely looking forward to starting a new chapter in my life.


Thanks for reading!


2 comments:

  1. Congratulations Guilianna!! I'm sorry things didn't work out your way but you graduated and that's such an accomplishment !! I wish you the best in all your future plans.

    Samara // themarshallwardrobe.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Samara! I appreciate you taking the time to read and comment on this blog post. x

      Delete

AddToAny