The Senior Year Experience

Welcome back to my blog, everyone!

Today, I have a more personal post for y'all: My Senior Year Experience. I've had ups and I've had downs. As cliche as this sounds, those experiences have shaped me into the person I am today. I couldn't be more prepared to head off to college.


Applying To Colleges

Who knew applying to colleges would be so stressful? I applied to Ursinus College, Eastern University, and Cabrini University. (In that order.)

Actually Getting Accepted

Cabrini University was my "back up" school. I had my heart set on going to Ursinus College. After my mom forced me to take a tour of the school, I immediately fell in love. I knew I was going to call this place home.

I went to Cabrini University's Instant Decision Day, where they tell you if you have been accepted or not right on the spot. It was a little nerve racking-- I'm not going to lie. Once the admissions counselor told me I had been accepted, my parents and I celebrated at Olive Garden.

I also got accepted into Ursinus College and Eastern University, however I didn't feel the "spark" I did with Cabrini University.

Harvest Ball 2K16

Harvest Ball is one of my school's biggest dances. Last year, my boyfriend asked me to be his girlfriend. It was kind of a big deal. This year, I had an absolute blast!

Getting Personal With My Readers

My blog means the world to me. I put so much time and effort into this blog. Senior year, I developed a lot of confidence. I decided to share a blog post on my first real relationship with you all. I have my English teacher to thank for editing that piece. Click HERE to read it. (I submitted this piece to Cabrini University, Ursinus College, and a scholarship fund.)

Going To Prom

Prom was fun. I enjoyed dancing the night away with my friends. However, it was an extremely stressful night. Getting ready was insane.

Awards Ceremony

I was invited to the Senior Awards Ceremony at my high school. It was an incredible honor to receive a scholarship through Key Club.

Finding Out Who My Real Friends Are

People throw rocks at things that shine. It's a fact of life and it stinks. However, I am thrilled with the way I'm living my life. I'm going to try my hardest not to care what other people think. I'm getting better at it each and everyday.

Graduating

First of all, huge shoutout to my mom for buying me a Lilly Pulitzer dress to wear. As I'm writing this to y'all, I can't bare the thought of taking it off. I love it so much.

And a second shoutout goes to my family; they've supported me in everything. I can't thank them enough. They've been behind me every step of the way: my blog, extracurricular actives, school, and now college.

Conclusion

Overall, my senior year of high school was definitely memorable. I lost some friends, yet I have gained some friends. I lost some pieces of myself, yet I found some pieces to myself. I lost some insecurity, yet I have gained so much confidence. I learned a lot about myself this year... and it's made me extremely excited to learn more about myself in college.



I couldn't be more thankful for the support of my family, my teachers, and my readers. Thank you.


Thanks for reading!


2 comments:

  1. Nice post! It looks like you had a great year with a few bumps along the way. That's amazing that you got a scholarship.
    Róisín
    totallyro.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely had my fair share of a true high school experience. Thanks for reading & commenting!

      Delete

AddToAny